Vizeo M-series LED any good?

TTQ B4U

Got lucky and won an M Series 60 inch LED TV. Picture quality is excellent, how about longevity? Anyone here have experience with this brand? I am looking to keep it in replace an older Panasonic Plasma. Just curious on how the held up in the field. Their reviews all seem to come in very positive. What does CR think?

So you won a TV and then got to upgrade to a better one?

What the fuck? I play the wrong raffles.

You're a Ph.D. who owns his own business, I'd say you're doing ok.

You guys need to let the little fish get some food too. :)

So you won a TV and then got to upgrade to a better one?

What the fuck? I play the wrong raffles.

Fuck yeah! :p

I wasn't really in the market but I have a 55" Panny from 2007 that was crying to be moved to the spare bedroom for guests so that I could make way for a new one in the family room....or in reality, I had an itch for a new TV just because....

I will say the advancements are amaing. Even just regular Digital WOW Ultra TV is spectacular. It upconverts way better than I ever expected. Even a standard blue ray is way better. Sony did a great job with their XBR 4k line up.

Even on a 1080p download from Movietube of Man of Steel, it's fucking amazing. Zero pixelation, very good if not flawless motion and clarity. The same movie on my Panny is noticeably more compressed. After all, it is a download....but the Sony has so many tweaks and adjustments for noise, compression, etc. that it's crazy.

After viewing them all side by side at the store and tweaking them from their retail display color spaces, I'd be hard pressed to have kept the Vizeo. The difference is noticable. Samsung was a close second, but the colors don't track true at all and it's over processed images remind me of a point and shoot camera.

I just got through calibrating the Sony on with my Spider unit and it's spot on to true color.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how i missed this, but I have the exact TV you are asking about. Had it for about 2 months now and love every bit of it. Dont really use the "Smart" aspect of it as much as i thought i would, but otherwise its been a fantastic TV so far. Heavier than a fucking truck though. Definitely takes 2 people to move. Paid 680 for mine at target. Meh.

Edit, just kidding. I have an E series.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6806410-vizio-e601i-a3-60in-class-razor-led-1080p-120hz-4x-hdmi-refurbished-649-96-after-100-rebate-s-h-tigerdirect