CR Dyno day at Dynotune Motorsports - 04/19

Nickey4271647545519

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His ramps are adjustable im sure he could make it work.

Might be the first time a dragster has been on the dyno haha

We measured it one evening. There is enough room to fit it on there. He even said he had a winch to get it up there. Apparently he has had a dragster on there before, so fingers crossed everything works out.

Almost have things buttoned up and ready to go until this afternoon we found a TINY cracked weld in the transmission case. We thought it was a fitting leaking, but the leak is behind the fitting where a weld patch job was done. We're going to see if we can sneak a TIG torch in between the rails and the trans and re-melt the filler metal and seal up the crack. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm heading to to the barn now and see if I can finish getting the trailer ready to haul the car. It's not done, but only cosmetic issues left.

We measured it one evening. There is enough room to fit it on there. He even said he had a winch to get it up there. Apparently he has had a dragster on there before, so fingers crossed everything works out.

Almost have things buttoned up and ready to go until this afternoon we found a TINY cracked weld in the transmission case. We thought it was a fitting leaking, but the leak is behind the fitting where a weld patch job was done. We're going to see if we can sneak a TIG torch in between the rails and the trans and re-melt the filler metal and seal up the crack. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm heading to to the barn now and see if I can finish getting the trailer ready to haul the car. It's not done, but only cosmetic issues left.

Hope it's done so it'll be at the Dyno saturday!

Well, that's not going to happen. I have a week till the track day, so we should be able to get the leak taken care of by then. I wonder if Brian would mind a little tranny fluid seeping from a small crack. Actually I wonder if I could seal it with something simple for the short term? I'll have to think about that.

Well, that's not going to happen. I have a week till the track day, so we should be able to get the leak taken care of by then. I wonder if Brian would mind a little tranny fluid seeping from a small crack. Actually I wonder if I could seal it with something simple for the short term? I'll have to think about that.

As much heat as that tranny will see in race trim I would make 100% sure its fixed right. You don't want to have a thermal event and test out that new fire getup you got...

Bring the dorito...

I want to ride this weekend.

I'm setting the motor in this weekend. It won't be ready in time. Both businesses have consumed a lot of my free time.

Shoot me a text. I'll come help if you want an extra set of hands.

Exhaust got pushed back a little bit.. Since I have to put a hood & bumper on my sisters Sunfire Tomorrow before work....

But If all goes smoothly I should be out After noon but HOPEFULLY Before 4pm.

With a brand spankin' new Exhaust that does not leak... and there is like a 10% chance I'll still have enough money to do the Dyno runs... But I'd still like to see some cars

Well, that sucked. I was not able to dyno the dragster. The so called "fresh" transmission we swapped into the car this past week must have had some damage. It ran in reverse, but as soon as I shifted into 1st gear it came apart. The plan at this point is to swap back in the old transmission for the track day next weekend.