TX2K14 Vids/Pics

Nickey4271647545519

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These races seem shorter in duration relative to previous years. Is that because they've shortened the length of racing distance moving to the track or because the cars are increasing in HP (or both)?

Also, I couldn't quite tell how the start works. There looks like there is a stoplight or something followed by some cones - are that last grouping of cones the "starting line?" Just wondering how this goes down - you come around the curve, there's the cones, and you basically want to be at WOT right when you hit that last group of cones? How does someone not get the hit?

These races seem shorter in duration relative to previous years. Is that because they've shortened the length of racing distance moving to the track or because the cars are increasing in HP (or both)?

Also, I couldn't quite tell how the start works. There looks like there is a stoplight or something followed by some cones - are that last grouping of cones the "starting line?" Just wondering how this goes down - you come around the curve, there's the cones, and you basically want to be at WOT right when you hit that last group of cones? How does someone not get the hit?

I don't think they are worried about getting the hit, their entry speed is capped, and their top speed recorded within the acceleration area. They aren't really roll racing each, as much as they are seeing who has the best trap.

I don't think they are worried about getting the hit, their entry speed is capped, and their top speed recorded within the acceleration area. They aren't really roll racing each, as much as they are seeing who has the best trap.

This was only for yesterday though.

Seeding was based on Trap.

Today's eliminations were ET. So first to finish, no matter the trap, wins.

It seems like a "short race" because these cars are all MONSTERS.

The races started at 60mph (up to 65mph) and one car trapped OVER 200mph.

Most roll races end far earlier than that.

Edit: Not sure I would have had the balls to keep my foot on the right pedal at close to 200mph with that turn so close, lol.

Edit: Not sure I would have had the balls to keep my foot on the right pedal at close to 200mph with that turn so close, lol.

Its not the speed that is scary, its trying to slow that bitch down when you are running out of real estate...

+1

It's hard to really tell how freaking quick these cars are in video. Unless you are standing track side it's pretty hard to judge... :fuckyeah:

Its not the speed that is scary, its trying to slow that bitch down when you are running out of real estate...

Remember they have 1,500' of accel and 800' for breaking. The banking is designed so you can enter at 100mph and hold the wheel straight and the banking keeps you on course. As scary as you'd think it would be, most said it's really not bad after the first or second time when you know what to expect....