Best phone?

Johny Utah

move to Verizon.

Fuck that. Move to T-Mo. They'll pay your termination fees and there's a chance that your Note will work 100% on their network.

Verizon = price ass-raping, CDMA LOL, Worst.customerservice.ever., limited phone selection, app blocking douchebags, late phone OTA update sending pricks. I'm sure I'm missing a few other things.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that. Move to T-Mo. They'll pay your termination fees and there's a chance that your Note will work 100% on their network.

Verizon = price ass-raping, CDMA LOL, Worst.customerservice.ever., limited phone selection, app blocking douchebags, late phone OTA update sending pricks. I'm sure I'm missing a few other things.

Everyone I know who has switched from T-mo to VZW says the same thing. "I didn't know I could get service in [insert city with population under 1 million]"

EDIT: I'm not VZW fanboy or anything, just providing a counterpoint.

It's true that Verizon does have better service in rural areas. But in my experience it has to be pretty fucking rural for you to get absolutely no service at all. I'm talking like on the freeway between Buttfuck and Cairo, and that's very rare, and then you'll probably be roaming on AT&T or other GSM networks anyway. But even if you're about an hour or so outside a major city, you might not be able to get 4G or even 3G, that's about as bad as it gets.

That's about to change though since they're converting all their 2G bandwidths to LTE.

It's true that Verizon does have better service in rural areas. But in my experience it has to be pretty fucking rural for you to get absolutely no service at all. I'm talking like on the freeway between Buttfuck and Cairo, and that's very rare, and then you'll probably be roaming on AT&T or other GSM networks anyway. But even if you're about an hour or so outside a major city, you might not be able to get 4G or even 3G, that's about as bad as it gets.

That's about to change though since they're converting all their 2G bandwidths to LTE.

As someone who lives in and travels rural areas (Hocking Hills, etc.) VZW is the only provider worth anything, and with a family plan it's not bad. I know for a fact T-Mobile and AT&T are worthless here.

I always liked the "it's fine in the city and that's where I live" I hear all the time. I feel like I'd rather make sure I had service in BFE. Breaking down in the city is easy. People errwhere. Breaking down on a back road in the middle of the night with no phone service is entirely different. Been there, done that.

I'll stick with VZW.

i fit in the mostly city category and LOVE T-Mobile since i picked them up 2 years ago.

with all the LG G2 endorsements i've seen in this thread, i wanted to tell everyone.

T-Mobile has the LG G2 on sale right now for only $400!

pay cash and go pre-paid like me!

i fit in the mostly city category and LOVE T-Mobile since i picked them up 2 years ago.

with all the LG G2 endorsements i've seen in this thread, i wanted to tell everyone.

T-Mobile has the LG G2 on sale right now for only $400!

pay cash and go pre-paid like me!

Paying for phones. :lol:

I guess I get why some people do but I don't think I've paid more than $1.00 for a phone since my first flip phone...whenever that was.

Upgrades FTW. I'll be getting a free (or close to it) phone again (prob S3) next month. I'm ok with that. Never needed the latest and greatest.

$400 could buy me another vehicle. Hahaha

As someone who lives in and travels rural areas (Hocking Hills, etc.) VZW is the only provider worth anything, and with a family plan it's not bad. I know for a fact T-Mobile and AT&T are worthless here.

I can +1 to that. Went to the Hocking Hills last year, had 0 signal in or around the cabin. Also had smelly water and bugs in the cabin. If I can't get service where I'm at, I don't belong there :lol:

I can +1 to that. Went to the Hocking Hills last year, had 0 signal in or around the cabin. Also had smelly water and bugs in the cabin. If I can't get service where I'm at, I don't belong there :lol:

Hahaha. Fair enough.

VZW works great in our cabin down here. I'll stick with them. Rather have service in the woods than the country.

Paying for phones. :lol:

I guess I get why some people do but I don't think I've paid more than $1.00 for a phone since my first flip phone...whenever that was.

Upgrades FTW. I'll be getting a free (or close to it) phone again (prob S3) next month. I'm ok with that. Never needed the latest and greatest.

$400 could buy me another vehicle. Hahaha

i do understand where you're coming from. however, i like the fact that i am not tied down to a 2 year commitment. add to that fact, i pay $400-600 up front. i only pay $30 a month for service though. over the course of those 2 years you're locked in, i have saved a TON more money than you. i can change phones and companies at the drop of a dime as well.

i do understand where you're coming from. however, i like the fact that i am not tied down to a 2 year commitment. add to that fact, i pay $400-600 up front. i only pay $30 a month for service though. over the course of those 2 years you're locked in, i have saved a TON more money than you. i can change phones and companies at the drop of a dime as well.

I've never paid more than $1 per phone (since that flip phone way back in the early 2000's I believe), and also pay ~$30-35 per month. How many $400-600 phones have you bought?

I don't plan on switching so 2 year contract means bump-kiss to me. As stated, VZW is the only provider that works for me and they haven't given me reason to leave yet.

It's all good if peeps want to buy a phone. Just not for me.

Doubt I've spent more than you on cells/service in the last 10 years.

if you're paying $35 on Verizon you're doing really good.

in that case i'm sure i've spent more than you.

still FAR LESS than the typical user though

I don't disagree.

Been on a fam plan since they came out. $35 for me, and $30 for the wife, on a plan with mom, dad, and bro. Works out for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Well my iPhone was on its last leg, so I made the leap and went to the Galaxy S5.

Here are my impressions after 24 hours:

This thing is massive. It feels almost too big to me. I can't fully, operate it in one hand.

Foreign OS is foreign indeed. I feel like a 60 year old who just got their first smart phone. This is tough for me. I was so proficient with the iPhone I barely had to look at the screen to fully navigate through anything.

I went from being able to type messages faster then most people speak, to rewriting 50% of what I type. I assume and hope that androids predictive text is user adaptive. If not this phone won't be in my pocket long.

It does have some cool features like being able to control my TV and DVR

Phone calls are clearer

Battery life is night and day better.

At the end of the day I'm torn. I like some stuff about this phone, but I stay so swamped busy some days I can't afford to be stumbling through an OS. A large portion of my business is done with my cell, so if I don't feel more comfortable with this in a week I may have to switch back. I do however agree, for someone who isn't already extremely proficient with an iphone, the S5 is better way to go.