free honda replacement engine 2006-2009

Jackson1647545504

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/03/27/free-engine-replacement-for-2006-200-honda-civics/?intcmp=features

Do you own a 2006 to 2009 Honda Civic with a coolant leak? You could be in luck. Honda is offering a new engine block or completely new engine, free, to owners of 2006 through 2008 and some early 2009 Civics that have developed a coolant leak coming from the engine block. The free service applies to all Civics except the Hybrid and the Civic Si, and it effectively extends the original warranty to eight years, regardless of mileage.

Great. Years from now people with these cars will have 400k miles on the odometer, further promoting the BS line that "Honda's last forever". Being completely unaware that they are on engine numero 2.

I really do miss my old CRX Si. I bought that MF'er with 220k on the original engine. It was on it's like 3rd clutch, but original transmission and engine. It was literally falling apart, hole in the passenger floorboard and all. The owner told me "it really needs an oil change" when I bought it. Drove it another ~20k without changing the oil, driving around like an ass hat, bouncing it off the rev limiter, and then sold it to a buddy and he drove it for another ~40k. I think he did eventually change the oil. They just don't make em like they used to.

Great. Years from now people with these cars will have 400k miles on the odometer, further promoting the BS line that "Honda's last forever". Being completely unaware that they are on engine numero 2.

Yea cause no one will have service records or track anything :rolleyes:

My mom just had her 2007 civic block replaced for free due to a crack leaking coolant. They fought with her.

Her very next service lindsay honda said she needs

Coolant flush (obviously was just replaced

Valve cover gasket (was just removed to pull head, when I said something the service writer said they removed the engine from the bottom and never removed the valve cover)

Also hit her with a brake fluid flush because it's causing uneven pad wear.

So true. Every other manufacture under the sun still mass produce engines with 0% failure rates. Why can't Honda do the same?

My mom just had her 2007 civic block replaced for free due to a crack leaking coolant. They fought with her.

Valve cover gasket (was just removed to pull head, when I said something the service writer said they removed the engine from the bottom and never removed the valve cover)

I've heard there's been lots of shady shit going on there since long before Lindsey bought it.

Good Guy Honda.

wished Subaru would've helped out with all of the HG failures.

Subaru head gaskets leaking oil? sheesh, all cars have issues of one thing or another, big deal. You should be glad that's usually the biggest thing to worry about on a Subaru.

So true. Every other manufacture under the sun still mass produce engines with 0% failure rates. Why can't Honda do the same?

Who has a 0% fail rate.

As a mechanic the best maintenance and longest lasting cars I've seen are honda or toyota.

If you think thats bad check out the 08-10 V6 VCM misfire lawsuit... Supposedly fixed for my 2011 but I'm keeping an eye on it.
Did they do a block or rings? Whatever you do, use a old fashioned oil change interval and keep an eye on the oil level. Don't follow maintenance minder oil life percentage.

Shit has a floating cylinder head, yo. :rolleyes:

This is the reason why I refuse to work for a Dealership. Godamn fucking thieves I tell you.

Did they do a block or rings? Whatever you do, use a old fashioned oil change interval and keep an eye on the oil level. Don't follow maintenance minder oil life percentage.

Shit has a floating cylinder head, yo. :rolleyes:

Some people have gotten blocks, some have gotten just rings.

Some people have gotten blocks, some have gotten just rings.

Being on the actual physically involved side, I am well aware. I meant for your vehicle. Just thought I might be able to give you insight on what to expect.

to the OP this thread isn't news! this has been going on for some time now.

Rocky, I work there now and I have a GOOD idea I know who this fucktard is, he's that guy who wants to only do customer pay gravy work and nothing else. I've been there going on 2 months now and I went off on the service manager about this guys shit. Since then they've been keeping a close watch on him. So far they've busted him trying to sell a power steering fluid flush on a Honda Fit, why is this a problem you ask? the Honda Fit has electronic power steering! He cost a service adviser a good survey because he was to lazy to check & set the tire pressures on a customer's car that he did a 105k service on.

I've had it with that guys shady shit and told them to get him out of there, then there's 3 other guys they hired in from AutoZone, really? 2 of the 3 guys are lazy as fuck, the other one is actually WANTING to learn and is doing good work

She brought it back In and worked with another writer. They replaced the valve cover gasket for free. They rechecked everything estimated and said it didn't need rear drum brakes replaced. Just front brakes and tires which we already knew.

If she didn't have me do all the work I would send her to you. But the only thing she has done there is rear suspension and oil changes.

Funny about the rear suspension after being replaced she kept hearing the same noise. So she brought it back. Never found anything. Surprisingly enough, after the one year warranty they found the issue was a leaking strut. Wanted another 400$