2015 Grand National & GNX

Otis Nice

Linky

Linky 2

In 2015 Buick has plans to reintroduce these two stellar rear-wheel drive sports coupes on the GM Alpha platform used by the Cadillac ATS. The big V8 engines used in the Chevrolet Camaro and Corvette and the Cadillac CTS-V will not make the 15 gn 2Buick Performance grade. In typical fashion they will opt for smaller, lightweight, four and six-cylinder turbocharged power. The Grand National will be available with either a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that puts out 272-horsepower or a turbocharged 3.6-liter V6 that makes 321-horses. The GNX will be offered with a single power-plant; a twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter that delivers 400-horsepower making it the most powerful GNX yet. Manual and automatic transmissions should be offered in all models, with a new 8-speed Hydra-matic as the most logical choice.

GN:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/510773/buick-grand-national-and-gnx-updated-inline-photo-514507-s-original.jpg

GNX:

http://www.carswallpaperhq.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2015_buick_grand_national__gnx_left_rear_view.jpg

http://www.carswallpaperhq.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2015_buick_grand_national__gnx_officially_revealed.jpg

Meh...

I don't see this happening. All Buick is now are rebadged Opels, which isn't a bad thing, but the Insignia OPC is their top performance car, and it's already been brought over here as the Regal GS (AWD removed, FailWD fitted of course).

Maybe the Monza Concept could be a GNX over here.

opel-monza-concept-450-600-001.jpg

The 2 door looks good from the back, the front end is meh.

My thoughts azackly.

Yeah, they may never come to fruition, but with the charger coming back and being offered with an array of fail and others "classics" being remade it wouldn't surprise me.

I'll stick with looking towards an 87 GN or t-type. If I wanted a new Regal, I'd buy a new Regal.

Why is it that American cars always have to look like they did 30+ years ago or else everyone bitches about ruining the heritage, meanwhile ever other car on Earth gets to evolve (unless is a Porsche)?

Flame suit on.

Why is it that American cars always have to look like they did 30+ years ago or else everyone bitches about ruining the heritage, meanwhile ever other car on Earth gets to evolve (unless is a Porsche)?

Flame suit on.

Because I could tell the difference between a Grand National and a Corvette back then. Now Honda's and Kia's all look the same. Slightly exaggerating, but everything that is "new and exciting" is new and boring.

I prefer the lines of most vehicles 80's and older over the cookie cutter designs of today. I do like that coupe for the most part but the 4 door looks meh.