Let's talk Bipods

Dammit Charlie

Atlas is the not-cheap-standard at about 230.00 from what I have researched.

There's a nice looking Caldwell at cabelas that attaches to a picatinny rail for 50.00. I cannot attest to quality of it. I just saw it the other day.

The other standard would be Harris. But, most of theirs need an adapter to attach to a pic rail.

When you say qulity and mostly shooting from a bench, I think most out there will cover that. If you are looking into something you are going to lean into hard from the prone, and need it to dig in and stick, then I would justify spending a bit more for a sturdy bipod.

This is a pretty basic one that holds some weight.

http://www.preciseshooter.com/blog/PriceGuide/AR15.jpg

If your looking for a good bipod and have up to 200 to spend I would just grab a harris and call it a day. That being said I have two caldwell bipods that I have used with .223/5.56 and .22lr with excellent results all from a bench. Outside of competition shooting I really don't see what a $200 bipod is going to do to increase the accuracy over the harris, or even the caldwell bipods.