All he wanted was his Porsche 911 to work

justinwebb

Why is he going through all this trouble? Most states have Lemon Laws, and it appears he qualifies for them. He doesn't even need to speak to Porsche, just have a lawyer do it!

Edit: The guy appears to live in Connecticut, which does have consumer protection Lemon Laws, however they do only apply to new cars and it appears he will have to go through arbitration. http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1646&Q=276146&PM=1

Edited by JaSSon

Holy shit, wtf. I don't expect my $2x,xxx Toyotas to do that shit. (And they don't.) I can understand you're going to get a car that occasionally has some issues. SO many are built everyday, it's bound to happen. But how does a car have that many issues - And I'm not supposed to believe that Porsche doesn't have other issues? Perhaps not, but I don't understand how this one car is that bad and we're supposed to believe the rest of their cars are reliable?

VAG touch of death?

The guy in the second vid launching looks like he's having some fun, though. lol

Holy shit, wtf. I don't expect my $2x,xxx Toyotas to do that shit. (And they don't.) I can understand you're going to get a car that occasionally has some issues. SO many are built everyday, it's bound to happen. But how does a car have that many issues - And I'm not supposed to believe that Porsche doesn't have other issues? Perhaps not, but I don't understand how this one car is that bad and we're supposed to believe the rest of their cars are reliable?

VAG touch of death?

The guy in the second vid launching looks like he's having some fun, though. lol

Porsche is pretty consistently near the top of brand reliability, being out even Lexus/Toyawno IIRC. There will always be a lemon / bad apple in the bunch, what counts is how you deal with it. In this case, they are dealing with it very, VERY poorly.

Sucks for this guy...Like Jones said though you're never going to make every single one of them perfect.

1st year 991 had more issues than most products Porsche releases...a lot of them caught fire (yes standard 991's did that too in limited batches).

Buy used...those issues will already have been sorted :-)

Porsche is pretty consistently near the top of brand reliability, being out even Lexus/Toyawno IIRC. There will always be a lemon / bad apple in the bunch, what counts is how you deal with it. In this case, they are dealing with it very, VERY poorly.

That's what I was leaning towards. Sometimes shit just happens. And no, they aren't handling it well.

Porsche giving him 100% back.

Well, it certainly sounds like there was some deal made. He gets their money back, they get a public arse kissing.

Hell, I'd do it to rid myself of a $100k+ headache.