Garage door replacement

evan9381

So after years of being careful, I finally f'ed up, got distracted, and tried to drive my car into the garage with my bike on the roofrack. I stopped as soon as I heard the crunch. Bike seems to be ok, car has a little damage from the roof rack moving, but my garage door is done. It was already on its last leg, but now it needs replaced.

Does anyone here do this? I don't plan on staying in this house long, so a basic door would be fine. Don't need anything insulated. I'm pretty sure it's 16x7.

I'm also having a family member employed by Lowes check for anything scratch and dent I may be able to save some money on, so if anyone will just do the install, might go that route too. I thought about getting one of my brothers or a friend together and try to install it myself, but if it's cheap enough just to pay someone to do it, I may go that route to avoid the headache.

So after years of being careful, I finally f'ed up, got distracted, and tried to drive my car into the garage with my bike on the roofrack.

My greatest fear. I put the garage door opener in the glovebox and a post-it on the dash when transporting my bike.

My greatest fear. I put the garage door opener in the glovebox and a post-it on the dash when transporting my bike.

I usually move the opener to a new spot. I guess it's just still too early in the year to have it stuck in my head.