Check out my new rear

Dharris89

Out of the tail light options for the 80's firebirds, I have always liked the 91-92 trans am tail lights the best. But since they were only made for 2 years they are hard to find and expensive. About a year ago I picked up a set relatively cheap but they were delaminating inside. I polished and tinted them and I think they look good. Before and after photos are below. The reflection is lights in the back ground as it was getting dark. The before are the 85-90 trans am tail lights that I have had in for the last few years. (I never liked the stock firebird lights.) Is this too much black or what does CR think?

Before:

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo225/ceharrisnanny/taillight1_zps26d91c05.jpg

After:

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo225/ceharrisnanny/taillight2_zps27e1e366.jpg

Thanks.

The other thing I think would make it look much better is a single exhaust, or hidden exhaust tip. The lines are so clean and the twin exhausts (which come from a single 2.5-3" pipe from the cat anyway) look asymmetrical and mar the straight bumper lines...my $0.02.

Still lub it.

I like the upgrade. I would've also like some bigger pics to enjoy. ;)

Thanks. It should be out a lot this summer. Hopefully you can see it in person.

The other thing I think would make it look much better is a single exhaust, or hidden exhaust tip. The lines are so clean and the twin exhausts (which come from a single 2.5-3" pipe from the cat anyway) look asymmetrical and mar the straight bumper lines...my $0.02.

Still lub it.

When I decided on my exhaust I looked at a bunch of options included hidden and single. I've even seen side pipes of a third gen. The factory tips are more hidden. In the end, I just liked the big chrome tips sticking out. However from your previous comment I started looking at led bulbs that fit in the factory sockets. They look cool and will definitely be an upgrade in the future.

When I decided on my exhaust I looked at a bunch of options included hidden and single. I've even seen side pipes of a third gen. The factory tips are more hidden. In the end, I just liked the big chrome tips sticking out. However from your previous comment I started looking at led bulbs that fit in the factory sockets. They look cool and will definitely be an upgrade in the future.

Cool! If you do go that route, make sure you have an electronic blinker relay. Replacing even 1-2 incandescent bulbs may make the old-style relay not blink properly. If you get a kit (eBay for example), good retailers will just supply you with a new relay. Otherwise they are only a few bucks.

Glad you weren't offended by the exhaust comment. You know I love your 'Bird...just noticing stuff I'D do differently. :)

Thanks. It should be out a lot this summer. Hopefully you can see it in person.

You have a link to those bulbs?