Starting College at 26, Tips.

Rhett

My wife is an academic advisor for Columbia and deals with VA students. While I don't agree with military degree mill colleges she does help those that ask. I'm still active but will be out later this year and will be looking into going back to school myself. Ohio has excellent benefits for veterans. If you can tolerate guard/reserve for a few years they will pay tuition while you pocket whichever G.I. bill you choose. There are a bunch of grants available. I don't know anything about CSCC. If you have any questions I will pass them off to the wife and get back with you.

I go to cstate and i can confirm for those telling you not to go there. Most of the courses are a joke, the instructors are adjuncts and have little teaching experience, and your degree from that school will be worthless. The instructors don't care, especially in the engineering department if you actually do what you're supposed to do or not. Show up and look like you have a pulse and youll get straight A's.

I think this depends on which courses you take there.

I've been debating going back to school, I have my accociates degree in automotive but I feel like I want to go into another field. I'd prefer to have cars as just a hobby. I'm 25 years old. Looks like theres good advise in here for using the GI bill. I really dont want to take out loans...

I took classes at CSCC and then transfered to OSU. Get the best grades possible at CSCC so you start off on a good foot at OSU. Take it seriously and go get a degree is not too specific. If I could go back in time I would of wanted to take my classes more seriously and do internships/co-op during the summer.

Being a current Engineering student at Ohio state I would say take your time and study hard. Pick a major where you are going to get a job(business, engineering, medicine). The higher you can get your gpa the better chance you are going to get to getting Internships, co-ops, and carreers. I messed up my first couple of semesters and now trying to fight my way back to getting job offers