cobalt ss tune, e85 or 93?

xTHExBOSSx46

getting a tune in the next two weeks and had some questions. basically this car is my daily and there are a handful of e85 stations in Columbus. one thankfully next to my house. ill be adding a 2.7 pulley and 80lb injectors should i go e85 or stay 93?

1 has anyone on here done this on a m62 powered cobalt, and what were your gains?

2 i have 80lb injectors ill be putting on for this set up, if i decided to stay with 93 gas should i stick with my current 60lb or should i put the 80lb on anyway for potential future mods?

current mod list

its a 2006 cobalt ss

injen intake, m62 supercharger with a 2.8 pulley, 60lb injectors, header, 3in downpipe and catback.

thanks!

Were you the blue cobalt SS at track day?

And I vote for 93. I have a 93 tune for my Saab and its nice knowing that if I take a road trip, I will almost always find a station that sells 93

getting a tune in the next two weeks and had some questions. basically this car is my daily and there are a handful of e85 stations in Columbus. one thankfully next to my house. ill be adding a 2.7 pulley and 80lb injectors should i go e85 or stay 93?

1 has anyone on here done this on a m62 powered cobalt, and what were your gains?

2 i have 80lb injectors ill be putting on for this set up, if i decided to stay with 93 gas should i stick with my current 60lb or should i put the 80lb on anyway for potential future mods?

current mod list

its a 2006 cobalt ss

injen intake, m62 supercharger with a 2.8 pulley, 60lb injectors, header, 3in downpipe and catback.

thanks!

Unless you REALLY want to run E85 I'd stick with 93 since it is your daily, E85 is all over the place as far as percentages go.

I'd go overkill on the fuel system, but if you don't mind throwing in the injectors and getting retuned for it on down the road then do that, if you are gonna be past 80% duty cycle on the smaller injectors or damn close to it, it's worth it to bump it on up to the bigger ones.

E85 is a great fuel with great potential, it just takes a little more effort to make the switch. You'd go through a few fuel filters, and have to deal with finding it, but the percentage of ethanol change is not a big deal. Personally as a daily I doubt I'd make the switch, but its certainly doable. Lots of misinformation out there and if you're really considering it I'd suggest talking to a tuner with experience with it. Also if you are not going to be running E85 and your 60lb injectors are have plenty for your expected hp range I would not change them. Running injectors that are bigger then you need can just make part thottle and idle tuning that much harder. All anyone needs is injectors that will keep you just under 80% duty cycle at the top of your power curve.

Were you the blue cobalt SS at track day?

And I vote for 93. I have a 93 tune for my Saab and its nice knowing that if I take a road trip, I will almost always find a station that sells 93

No it was Vince.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117206

OP, Vince is making 420+ on a stock engine Cobalt with e85. PM him if you have questions.

thanks to all. inputs were very helpful!!!

No it was Vince.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117206

OP, Vince is making 420+ on a stock engine Cobalt with e85. PM him if you have questions.

thanks got in touch with him he was very helpful thanks for the suggestion!!!

thanks to all. inputs were very helpful!!!

thanks got in touch with him he was very helpful thanks for the suggestion!!!

I'm currently de-building my STI. Going back to a stage 2 setup with a hydra EMS, I'm going to be able to do a flex fuel system. It's able to adjust for the fuel on the fly.

The system will be a GM sensor, with a E85 in-cabin gauge. Maybe something to look into.