Best BBQ in CBus

Lauren

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come Kansas/Texas/southern/etc bbq is so much better? I'm living in the wrong state :(

Go to Franklin BBQ in Austin and have his Brisket. You'll want to move to TX.

Salt and pepper and smoke until it is tender. Very simple recipe yet people are lining out the door for this simple made brisket.

The sides at Rt. 62 BBQ are actually tasty. I can't say that for other places.

Yeah we had the baked beans, cheesy potatoes and the spicy southern greens and all were excellent.

Yeah we had the baked beans' date=' cheesy potatoes and the spicy southern greens and all were excellent.[/quote']

I'm not a big pie guy, but the pecan pie is probably the 2nd best I've had (moms is the best). Common man (common man and company) said it made his wife take her shirt off lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Ray rays unfortunately is the best in the city at least they arent using gas and electric smokers (which is fake ass bull shit) 62 bbq is ok when they aren't getting shut down for moving drugs through the store front. Barleys smoke house on dublin rd. Gets an honorable mention because beer. Gallos pit closed so the fly ridden piss hole is gone. Iron grill (formerly pig iron ) sucks a bag of dicks. Rt 40 road house on the way to Zanesville not to far past national trails has decent food and the right idea but the wrong smoker (again gas) mill house down in hocking is ok , it gets decent reviews because lets face it the choice of quality eateries in logan is few.

62 bbq is ok when they aren't getting shut down for moving drugs through the store front.

That was his partner. Man that's been what 10 years ago lol? Side of coke with that sammy?

No one's mentioned Hoggys off bethel road. Personally I don't like their sauce that covers everything but they do have a Au June (sp?) marinated brisket that is fucking delicious. That and their mac and cheese is good.

Its not that I don't like their bbq sauce but they marinate their pulled pork and chicken in it, so personally i think its a bit much.

Oh and wood fire smoker too.

I stopped by Route 62 BBQ today at 7:30. The sign says the close at 8, but they sure as shit were closed already. They always fucking close early.

No one's mentioned Hoggys off bethel road.

I thought Hoggy's was completely out of the Columbus market, if not out of business entirely.

I stopped by Route 62 BBQ today at 7:30. The sign says the close at 8, but they sure as shit were closed already. They always fucking close early.

I thought Hoggy's was completely out of the Columbus market, if not out of business entirely.

The ownership mismanaged everything and ended up going into receivership. That is when they closed all locations except the one in Gahannah and kept catering operations open through it. The only profitable part of the company anymore was catering so it was purchased by the owners of Jonny Buccellis and now the Bethel road location serve's both their own menu and Hoggys menu as well as operates catering out of that location. I only know this b/c a good friend of mine was an employee through the whole process.

I'm not a connoisseur but I know good BBQ when I have it and Rt. 62 is not it. The pulled pork was dry, the brisket was tasteless, the ribs were OK but I was expecting better. The potato salad had way too much mustard and the ranch dressing was almost water. I passed on the cheesy potatoes after seeing the expression on Eli's face.

Ray Ray's ftw

I'm not a connoisseur but I know good BBQ when I have it and Rt. 62 is not it. The pulled pork was dry, the brisket was tasteless, the ribs were OK but I was expecting better. The potato salad had way too much mustard and the ranch dressing was almost water. I passed on the cheesy potatoes after seeing the expression on Eli's face.

Ray Ray's ftw

Everything you just said is 100% accurate. I am not a rt 62 fan and anyone that thinks its the best might perhaps be slow in the brain