Grand Prix karting, fresh start

Mojoe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have had some over aggressive, one race people show up there. But, that is why they have the cop there, to keep the peace and ensure no one is drinking and driving.

Amen to that.. Last night, I put a clean pass on this one asshole who decided he HAD to t-bone me very next corner.......... so my next pass on him wasn't even half as clean the dirty one he put on me......... that fucker

quickest I had was 64.5s on the Super Track

You have to let those people out drive themselves. You know who is there and knows how to drive and who the bumper car people are. And when the session is over, they know they were out driven even with them driven dirty. No friends are made on that race rack. I do need to start bringing the GoPro. I have had some great passing and exchanges with over aggressive drivers. Wish I could go back and watch them.The corner workers have been good about using the flags. They shut the track down and removed a guy the other night.

You have to let those people out drive themselves. You know who is there and knows how to drive and who the bumper car people are. And when the session is over, they know they were out driven even with them driven dirty. No friends are made on that race rack. I do need to start bringing the GoPro. I have had some great passing and exchanges with over aggressive drivers. Wish I could go back and watch them.The corner workers have been good about using the flags. They shut the track down and removed a guy the other night.

Amen man... my 2nd time I went there, I had a guy hit me HARD in the side just 2 corners before pitting in after the checker. I wasn't driving balls out during that whole cool-down lap because there was no point but I also wasn't even close to crawling.

I got out and asked him why he did that. I was pissed. He said it was because I was slow and he wanted to race his friend who was in front of me by a few corners.

When he saw on the time sheet that I was about 0.8s faster than him, he apologized...... My ribs hurt but no biggie in the long run

Still, 2 Saturdays ago, my friend's wife cracked (yup, cracked) 2 ribs there and bruised a lung

I talked to an employee the other day and he said they had to remove a douche CPD who was racing like an ass the other night. He also wasn't friendly to his fellow CPD who came to remove him.

Some people are just assholes.

Took my daughter there this afternoon with my niece and nephew. Actually took all my kids but the baby karts aren't running yet, so there were some waterworks from my 5-year-old. My close-enough-to-8 year old, who maybe weighs 40 lbs if she's wearing a 5 lb backpack, looked unbelievably tiny in even the junior karts.

1174868_10152712343537573_4871309668601870210_n.jpg?oh=19866da3b40204819d78200618ee5e0c&oe=544F3AE3

Aaron took the time to make sure she was comfortable and walked her through all the controls. She went from a 1:45 on her first lap down to a 1:08 in her second session, and seemed to have a good time.

Meanwhile, I got one run in myself and managed a 37.7 on the reverse course. It was awfully quiet for a Saturday, but for the first time I saw the junior karts getting a lot of use. I'm sure we'll be back.

• 2 weeks later...
When I race my go kart "dirt track oval kart" I have a tire machine. Basically a old go kart axle powered by a electric motor on a stand that spins my tire. I then take a belt sander with light grit paper and some windex. Wet the tire and give the tire a nice cross hatch scuff with the belt sander. Gives the tire the fresh rubber you need for a nice finish and sticky tire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally made it to Grand Prix karting on Saturday! It wasn't too busy, we ended up waiting about 20 min before our heats started. Had a group of nine people and they made sure we all raced the same heats. It was a blast! Best indoor place I've been too as far as track layout, grip, and kart performance goes. I used to go to Speeds all the time for the weekday $50/4hrs unlimited, but this place is a step up for sure. If they did something similar during the week I would be down there all the time.

My times kinda sucked, I was running low 34's, while a buddy of mine who autocrosses/drifts was running about a half second faster. One guy in our heats was running low 33's, good enough for top 5 of the month. Grip was good for the fairly chilly indoor temps and the tire temperature made a huge difference from the start of the heat until about 3-4 laps in.

We had stopped by Buckeye Raceway, a new indoor place with electric karts, before going to GP Indoor. There was a 1.5 hour wait because a small group had rented out the track, so we drove to GP instead. The karts at GP appear to be much faster, but the track at Buckeye was smaller, tighter, and had no straights. Heats at Buckeye are 10 min vs 8 min at GP, and the prices are a bit cheaper too.

Can't wait to go back to GP! I'll probably go back down there in 3-4 weeks and do six heats to make the drive worthwhile.

We had stopped by Buckeye Raceway, a new indoor place with electric karts, before going to GP Indoor. There was a 1.5 hour wait because a small group had rented out the track, so we drove to GP instead. The karts at GP appear to be much faster, but the track at Buckeye was smaller, tighter, and had no straights. Heats at Buckeye are 10 min vs 8 min at GP, and the prices are a bit cheaper too.

Can't wait to go back to GP! I'll probably go back down there in 3-4 weeks and do six heats to make the drive worthwhile.

Buckeye is much more fun in my opinion. Much cheaper and every time i have gone i have gotten 16+ laps a race. Only way im going back to GP if for a super track if my friends want to. The buckeye karts feel faster too btw.

• 1 month later...

Finally made my way over for the first time this past weekend. Had a little going away get together for a friend and we started at GP, followed by some brews at Wolf Brewing Tap Room (good beer, btw).

We ran 3 races, and they hot lapped us for each race since it was slow. So this is the 3rd race. We would pull into the pits, wait about a minute or two and then we were off again. Was a little wore out by the 3rd race.

Fastest lap was a 34.2 on this 3rd race (second to last lap on the video)

Would go back again :thumbup: