DSM's 1st time at the track

RC K9

11.359 @ 130.75mph

Bad 60ft...1.91 :lolguy:

This was on fully inflated street tires, only building 11psi at launch, (I break the tires loose if I go higher right now), 28psi peak boost, (I usually run 30-32, but had to drive 70mi there and 70mi back) and the trans slips on the 1-2 shift.

If I can get the trans slippage gone and build more boost at the line without losing traction, I see no reason for this to not be a 10sec street car.

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/RyanCorlew/DSM/1991%20GSX/IMAG02251_zps24a2cbe7.jpg

Motor setup? Stock auto?

Cheapo built motor. 8.3:1 ross pistons, eagle rods, stock crank, 2g head, hks spec 272 delta regrind cams, evo springs, ebay SS valves, ARP L19 head studs with a $35 autozone composite head gasket. I probably have $3k from the valve cover to the oil pan, including machine work.

When I say "Cheapo", I just mean I don't have a $3000 curt brown block and a $1500 curt brown head (which I want both of), and $600 GSC cams or anything. The rotating assembly wasn't balanced, etc. Budget build. IMHO, Robert Proffit at Performance Research did an awfully good job on the machine work and assembling the rotating assembly.

Trans is stock with about 90-95k I think. I doubt the pan has even ever been pulled off. Stock restalled converter. TCU chip with higher shift points and firmer shift pressures.

I appreciate the love, gents. With a couple relatively minor tweaks, I expect this to be a high 10's street car by the end of summer. Gotta get that 60ft down!

Funniest part is, I dynoed 372/405 on a dynocom. lol

For street tires, I am happy. BFG sport comp 2's. But if I build more than 11-12psi off the line, I break traction. If I get some track friendly tires tires though, and can leave the line at 20-25psi...it's gonna be a whole other ball game.

Also, I forgot to add vehicle weight. 3395 with me in it. Full interior, tool box, 5gal of water, a few extra quarts of trans fluid and oil, etc in the back. True weekend worrior street car. Almost no weight reduction mods...yet.

Also, I forgot to add vehicle weight. 3395 with me in it. Full interior, tool box, 5gal of water, a few extra quarts of trans fluid and oil, etc in the back. True weekend worrior street car. Almost no weight reduction mods...yet.

Time to get one of those little trailers.

For street tires, I am happy. BFG sport comp 2's. But if I build more than 11-12psi off the line, I break traction. If I get some track friendly tires tires though, and can leave the line at 20-25psi...it's gonna be a whole other ball game.

Time to get one of those little trailers.

:gabe:

• 3 weeks later...
Love it. Those HTAs are a 4G's best friend.

Yeah, its a nice turbo. Slightly less lbs/min than the 3065 that was on before, but at least 500rpm faster spool to full boost. It's a pretty awesome turbo.

The guy that owned the Dyno I had jumped on a few days before happened to be at the track that night and got my 130mph run on vid. Not a very good quality vid, but better than nothing imo. I just found the vid today...