Noob from Westerville...already went down on my first day..

Bigbird

Hey everybody. My name is Ryan, I'm 21 years old and live in Westerville (right up by Polaris more specifically). I wanted to get into riding because my dad has been riding for pretty much his whole life. I can't wait to get into this more and get more experienced so I can go cruise with him. I'm also on CR, so I'm sure I know (well at least know of) some of you guys here. Over there I'm bigbird03specv. I don't have the Sentra any more, but to keep things consistant I'm just going to keep the Bigbird name lol. My bike is a 1986 Honda Interceptor. I picked it up right after my birthday in January for $1100, figured it would be the perfect starter bike...man am I thankful I didn't spend more on it, but more on that later lol. Here she is...

n50611087_32045093_4274.jpg

Not a great picture, but she's not a whole lot to look at anyway. Nice little rattle-can paint job ;).

Here's my "cage" (that's what you guys call em right?)

n50611087_31875596_7415.jpg

It's a 1999 SS with a cat-back, and intake.

Well I've heard about this site over on CR a time or two, and I finally got my temps for my bike, tags and all that jazz. So being that it's gorgeous out today, I gear up and head to work. Not even 20 feet from the exit of my complex...I go down haha. I let the clutch out too fast while trying to turn, and definitely wasn't leaning enough either. Soooo I bailed. I did a pretty nifty little roll if I do say so myself, and popped right back up on my feet to wave at the DOZENS of people stopped on Sancus watching me...I was more embarassed than anything, well now I'm pretty sore.

Two guys in a work van of some sort pulled over to check if I was ok (even though I was pretty much ok, the thought was very nice!). One of the guys was asking me about my bike and everything and was really cool, definitely wasn't like "LOL SQUID!!!!". Well turns out he was from this here site and told me to join. I honestly cannot remember what his SN was...I was a little shaken up at the time to say the least. I think it started with "Big" though. So if you remember me, chime in! And thank you very much for checking on me!

Alrighty, well there's my intro. Thanks for having me guys.

Lol thanks guys. I can definitely see the lighter side in it. Especially consider how ridiculous I looked going down. The ninja roll was definitely sweet. And then I thought...well my mom is going to kill me when I get to work (we work for the same company). My manager told me I had to go tell her or he would. Sooo feel free to get a chuckle out of this.

Hey Ryan, glad you signed on. I was the one who stopped and I am glad you and the bike are Ok. We have all dumped it at one time or another, you just got it out of the way right off the bat. :D

The ninja roll was very catlike. I didnt think anything touched the ground but your feet. Like I said, nothing got hurt but pride.

I do like the little viffer and flat black is the easiest color to touch up.

Now get out there and practice, practice, practice. Meet up with people on here and go do some rides. You'll find your confidence building quickly as you get some seat time in with some experienced riders. Also, make sure you sign up for an MSF course if you havent already. You will learn a ton.

Welcome to the site.:cheers:

Beware of the sheep fuckers.:sheepfucker:

Hey Ryan, glad you signed on. I was the one who stopped and I am glad you and the bike are Ok. We have all dumped it at one time or another, you just got it out of the way right off the bat. :D

The ninja roll was very catlike. I didnt think anything touched the ground but your feet. Like I said, nothing got hurt but pride.

I do like the little viffer and flat black is the easiest color to touch up.

Now get out there and practice, practice, practice. Meet up with people on here and go do some rides. You'll find your confidence building quickly as you get some seat time in with some experienced riders. Also, make sure you sign up for an MSF course if you havent already. You will learn a ton.

Welcome to the site.:cheers:

Beware of the sheep fuckers.:sheepfucker:

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! And thanks Max Power, good looking out haha. I can't remember your name though...lol like I said, I was a weeee bit shook up at the time. I was pretty dazed. But yeah I'm hoping to sign up for the MSF course soon. I still need to pick up some gear (as you saw today). I called my dad today and told him about my little fall and he told me not to paint the bike, leave it as a battle scar haha. If he was a message board kinda guy I would tell him to get on here.

Oh if anyone is up for a VERY noob friendly cruise this weekend, let me know. I'm planning on going to the spring game on Saturday, but other than that I don't have much going on. Hopefully I can get in the MSF before the end of the summer so I won't be restricted to just daytime riding.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! And thanks Max Power, good looking out haha. I can't remember your name though...lol like I said, I was a weeee bit shook up at the time. I was pretty dazed. But yeah I'm hoping to sign up for the MSF course soon. I still need to pick up some gear (as you saw today). I called my dad today and told him about my little fall and he told me not to paint the bike, leave it as a battle scar haha. If he was a message board kinda guy I would tell him to get on here.

Oh if anyone is up for a VERY noob friendly cruise this weekend, let me know. I'm planning on going to the spring game on Saturday, but other than that I don't have much going on. Hopefully I can get in the MSF before the end of the summer so I won't be restricted to just daytime riding.

Keep in mind that you might be able to score a walk in on one of the classes. If its not too much of a trip it might be worth it to show up and see if everyone signed up comes. I think my class had 2 walk ins

and welcome to the site

oh and my dad would have said the same thing, but I think thats because he is a cheap bastard

:welcome::banana::honda:

Same thing happened to me on my first day out on real roads. Thankfully you were able to drive your bike away...mine needed a truck to get home.

And i'm glad you have a sense of humor about the whole situation. :lol: can't wait to hear it from max power's perspective!

Uh oh. Since we all go down sometime, and I haven't yet, does that mean that it's likely to be a bigger drop? I hope and pray that it's not! I almost put it down the other day in a similar situation in the driveway, but since it's gravel, the rear wheel just spun and dug into the gravel, keeping the bike upright.

I'm a new rider and forum member also, but I'll welcome you anyway! The group around here seems very friendly.

I live out in Johnstown, amybe we ca get a ride together for the noobs sometime. Not sure about this weekend though, we have some tentative plans (pending the behavior of a couple kids!!!)

Uh oh. Since we all go down sometime, and I haven't yet, does that mean that it's likely to be a bigger drop? I hope and pray that it's not! I almost put it down the other day in a similar situation in the driveway, but since it's gravel, the rear wheel just spun and dug into the gravel, keeping the bike upright.

I'm a new rider and forum member also, but I'll welcome you anyway! The group around here seems very friendly.

I live out in Johnstown, amybe we ca get a ride together for the noobs sometime. Not sure about this weekend though, we have some tentative plans (pending the behavior of a couple kids!!!)

:lol: I just crashed in Johnstown last weekend :lol: Maybe that will fill your "first crash quota" for you? God knows mine has been full for a while haha