May be looking for a Tundra...

RC K9

I guess we all make and earn our money different and some people do not make smart financial decisions if that's the way you want to put it.

How's this for a smart financial decision. I bought a brand new f150 in 2007. I paid 19900 for it and had it paid off in 2 1/2 years. I made at least 500k using that truck from 2007 until 2014 and then I sold it to Jet auto for 6700 last month.

Not that I ever thought about resale value while I owned it I got a third of what I paid for it back 7 years later.

If that sounds dumb in your world you are damn near full blown retard and it shows. Keep sucking them dicks Yota Boy!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean you come off like you sucked your first dick in a Toyota truck and it's all sentimental and shit.

If that sounds dumb in your world you are damn near full blown retard and it shows. Keep sucking them dicks Yota Boy!

and the aggressive dick sucking award goes to...

Anybody here own a newer Tundra? Pros? Cons?

On that note, anybody here work for Toyota and would want to cut me a super awesome deal?

I want a $50K truck, but I ain't paying $50k...lol. I could say that with Ford as they regularly discounts their trucks $10-$14k off MSRP...but I don't see those kinds of discounts on the Toyotas.

What truck, options, etc. are you looking for? How far are you looking to travel?

Plenty in Houston for $500-2,500 below invoice and 0% for 60mo down here. Not sure what local Ohio dealers are doing...

USAA member get 0.59% for 36mo and PenFed is 0.49% for 36mo...1.49% for up to 60mo.

Just throwing my $.02 in, but my Brother in Law is a Master ASE mechanic who works for a Toyota dealership and he has mentioned many times just in passing that he would never own a Tundra. Says that they are big family highway cruisers that aren't built to take a beating. He drives a Tacoma and has a Chevy 2500 for towing.

Just throwing my $.02 in, but my Brother in Law is a Master ASE mechanic who works for a Toyota dealership and he has mentioned many times just in passing that he would never own a Tundra. Says that they are big family highway cruisers that aren't built to take a beating. He drives a Tacoma and has a Chevy 2500 for towing.

But the resale value makes it all worth it

The Kitchen? Really? Come on CR...:lolguy:

I've just never heard you say a bad thing about it.

Haven't had much to complain about. Have "only" had 2 issues that just so happened to have been in the last 2 months or so. Everything outside of those two issues is great. The features, the space, etc. Outside of having issues at 40k and 51k, I love everything else about the truck. BUT, as stated before, i'm not a ford nutswinger, and I know their indestructible ecoboost vids are nothing more than marketing.

What truck, options, etc. are you looking for? How far are you looking to travel?

Haven't had a whole lot of time to research. I like the platinums. I was trying to see which ones were as close to what I currently have, sun/moon roof, heated black leather, etc. I didn't do a lot of in depth research yet, but the platinum seemed at a quick glance to be the closest thing to what I currently enjoy.

Plenty in Houston for $500-2,500 below invoice and 0% for 60mo down here. Not sure what local Ohio dealers are doing...

USAA member get 0.59% for 36mo and PenFed is 0.49% for 36mo...1.49% for up to 60mo.

That makes it a little disheartening as I intend to tow. I don't tow a lot, but I have towed a few cars. Some locally, and some long distance, and I need a truck that is able to do that without concern, (which the ecoboost has done for me multiple times; though I am glad I didn't tow a vehicle this time as I was VERY close to purchasing one while I was in OH a week ago).

Haven't had much to complain about. Have "only" had 2 issues that just so happened to have been in the last 2 months or so. Everything outside of those two issues is great. The features, the space, etc. Outside of having issues at 40k and 51k, I love everything else about the truck. BUT, as stated before, i'm not a ford nutswinger, and I know their indestructible ecoboost vids are nothing more than marketing.

That makes it a little disheartening as I intend to tow. I don't tow a lot, but I have towed a few cars. Some locally, and some long distance, and I need a truck that is able to do that without concern, (which the ecoboost has done for me multiple times; though I am glad I didn't tow a vehicle this time as I was VERY close to purchasing one while I was in OH a week ago).

The Tundra will tow ok. My Brother in Law rides motocross so he does a lot of off road towing. I know a lot of the boat guys on the Gulf like the Tundras to tow their big Center Consoles.

Just a heads up, Toyota is/was currently the only manufacturer who reports REAL tow ratings. If you don't know what I"m talking about, please look it up.

Also, American manufacturers have made it near impossible for foreign companies to sell their work trucks here due to the Chicken Tax while they have continued to find ways to circumvent it with their own imports (Looking at fuckin you, Ford.)

Get rid of the chicken tax and watch the big 3 face real competition. You think all those "guys" at a worksite have 'insert domestic truck here' because they're the best truck?! Naive. It's because it's the best deal; it's because domestics offer huge fleet discounts and private discounts. This also negatively affects their resale value.

I'm not 'riding dick' here, either. Just stating facts for those who are unaware.

A truck isn't an investment, it's a cost of doing business. You drive that motherfucker into the ground, like the 400k mile F150 parts truck we use. Or the F150 the Lindsay Honda uses.

Or...

For their purpose, they don't care what it costs.

No 2 people are the same, we spend our money on different things. People buy new cars every day that will be worth 50% of what they paid in a few years. Are these people "dumb" because they chose to spend their money this way?

I bet their feelings are hurt when driving their Benz or Lambo because Rocky said it's dumb.

If it brings them joy, I think it's a smart financial decision.

Cars, pets, children, hoarding baseball cards.

Money has to go somewhere, if you are happy, you are doing it right.

But the resale value makes it all worth it

Bazinga

Das it manes

:lol: :nod:

Just a heads up, Toyota is/was currently the only manufacturer who reports REAL tow ratings. If you don't know what I"m talking about, please look it up.

Also, American manufacturers have made it near impossible for foreign companies to sell their work trucks here due to the Chicken Tax while they have continued to find ways to circumvent it with their own imports (Looking at fuckin you, Ford.)

Get rid of the chicken tax and watch the big 3 face real competition. You think all those "guys" at a worksite have 'insert domestic truck here' because they're the best truck?! Naive. It's because it's the best deal; it's because domestics offer huge fleet discounts and private discounts. This also negatively affects their resale value.

I'm not 'riding dick' here, either. Just stating facts for those who are unaware.

That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't have so much to do with murican trucks being better quality so much as it is them being cheaper.

That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't have so much to do with murican trucks being better quality so much as it is them being cheaper.

Well there are 2 things besides prices

#1- No foreign maker has an HD truck. Many trades require an HD truck.

#2- The Domestic trucks are better quality when it comes to the frame and drivetrain mechanicals in terms of strength and durability.

So bottom line is, while the domestic trucks are cheaper, they are engineered to have the shit beat out of them when it comes to towing, payload and off road. The Tundra and Titan are not.

If I am thinking he is the right guy, Snowflake works in the oil fields on the pipelines. Many of the trucks you see out there are welding rigs, which have to haul 2000+ lbs of welding equipment, so typically you see 3500 dually welding rigs.

The Tacoma on the other hand is a different story. Could possibly be the most durable truck there is aside from towing.

I used to have a 2001 Tundra with the old 4.7. It towed cars without issue.

Interesting how the half ton Tundra is being compared to one ton Fords. That tells me something.

I used to have a 2001 Tundra with the old 4.7. It towed cars without issue.

Interesting how the half ton Tundra is being compared to one ton Fords. That tells me something.

Who is comparing it to 1 ton fords?

Jeez. Imagine if OP asked peoples opinions on the Tundra vs. *.

FWIW, and I may very well be a nutswinger, but working on a farm and hauling tractors and vehicles alike, the Ford's have always worked best for us. Dad's new ecoboost easily hauled my '78 K10 on a 2500 lb trailer and you could barely tell it was there. When pulled with similar sized trucks, even V8's, you could tell a much bigger difference.

He also bought an '07 F150 in '08. 5.4L. Paid $17K out the door. Hauled with it and vacationed with it in the mountains (TN) multiple times a year for 5 years. Got $13,500 for his trade in. It made him tons of money, never had a single thing wrong with it, and he "lost" $3,500 in 5 years, but again, he made money with it. Much more than $3,500.

When he went for a new truck he tested everything. Dodge, Cheby, Toyota...everything. In a 1.2 ton the Ecoboost F150 out performed all of them (according to us amateurs, not manufacturer claims) and was FAR more comfortable IN OUR OPINIONS with more room and better ride and gas mileage. Nothing else felt remotely close TO US.

I'm not here to convince you to go Ford though...or Chevy,...or anything else. If you like the Tundra shop around. Drive them. If that's all you need for what you do and you like it then go for it and don't worry about what the pundits say.

Little bro wanted an Ecoboost when his 2000 GMC 1/2 ton was rear ended and totalled. They were more than he was wanting to spen so he shopped around. We litterally tested every single large truck on the market. He came close to buying a Toyota but it sold the day before he went to pick it up. He ended up with an '07 Titan, the one we used to haul those landscaping rocks from Hilliard to Logan. It does great for him. Pulls his trailer, works on the job site, etc.

Find what YOU like and what works for YOU and go for it.

Don't get me wrong. I love the truck. I would have nothing to complain about if it wasn't for these two issues in the last 6mo. But connector issues, that ford has supposedly known about for years, and now this misfire issue which is due to either water intrusion affecting ground wiring or a moisture accumulation in the intercooler, which again, ford has know about for a few years, has me worried. My buddy that used to work for ford even told me everything would be fine and dandy until the warranty was up, then things are going to start going wrong. That is what concerns me. How many more problems is this thing going to have at 60k, 80k, 100k, etc. This is my family's primary mode of transportation, and i'm not trying to have a vehicle that is 3 or 4 years old leaving me and my family stranded in the middle of nowhere a few hundred miles from home in the pouring rain.

If this 2nd issues hadn't occurred, I would really have no complaints about the vehicle...

Bottom line is all the trucks currently available are great and MUCH improved over older trucks, even 5-years ago, let alone 10-years+ ago...

With that said I would wait and see what the 2015 F150 specs and info says!

I was set on a new Silverado with the 6.2 but have been researching the new F150 and you can't argue with the features and weight loss. I know many people with Tundra's and they LOVE them. If you are doing crazy towing you aren't looking at one anyway since you would be in the Diesel market which pretty much voids most of the back on forth in this thread...