Subaru Forester XT

Sturg1647545502

umm, its improved, but its definitly a weak spot still. A pressure Test will help to evaluate it. When we bought my outback (05) with 100K on it, we just went ahed and had them redone for peace of mind. (we had a lot of other work done to it as well at the same time, just an fyi)

Moving to Colorado, first car purchase is a lesbo driving, granola bar chewing, doc martin wearing Subaru Forrester. Make sure to buy some designer flannels and raw denim jeans.

<<< Former STI stage 1 owner ( back when i first got hooked up with CR). I likes me some subaru.

So I just met up with the owner of this XT & took it on a test drive. http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4547304069.html

Sounds good, pull well & the current owner is really meticulous but the previous (who is the original owner) reportedly ran E85 through it periodically which has me worried as the original fuel rail and fuel line are in place. It's also had the head gasket replaced.

SO the questions is did the original owner over boost it or did the head gasket just go because of headgaskets go on these cars. Also who runs E85 with 850cc injectors when stock is 540? whats even the point running E85 with such "small" injectors?

I kind of torn. If E85 was never ran through it I'd probably pick it up but it was.

IMO that seller is on crack trying to get 14k+ for that one. WOW! 2004 with 123k miles? modded? WOW! Who knows, he'll probably get it....

Yea, I'd probably offer about 1/2 off what he wants. I feel bad for the kid; he bought a.dicey car 10mo ago & wants to unload it.

I'm not gonna trying to be ball buster but without mods an xt with those miles and that year isn't too far off the mark in cost. Maybe 10-12. They are hard to find. As you will come to find.

My obxt was a similar issue- I had to fight with the insurance company to get that price because finding that car in a manual is rare.

I'm not gonna trying to be ball buster but without mods an xt with those miles and that year isn't too far off the mark in cost. Maybe 10-12. They are hard to find. As you will come to find.

My obxt was a similar issue- I had to fight with the insurance company to get that price because finding that car in a manual is rare.

I'm married to a lawyer and have no balls to bust :o

IMO 10-12 is still way too high. Book values don't buy/sell cars but that's still too high. He's also pinning himself down to someone with more cash in hand as a bank isn't going to loan much towards that type of purchase. That's why he's apparently fending off trades in his ad. People are probably trying to counter the lack of cash in hand. Likely younger buyers. Most with cash in hand for that will build their own or buy something of better value.

Hard to find is cool and insurance co's will take that in mind at times but not on a car like this. 5spd V6 Accord Sedans were hard to find too when offered, but they aren't rare and worth more because of it.

IMO 10-12 is still way too high. Book values don't buy/sell cars but that's still too high. He's also pinning himself down to someone with more cash in hand as a bank isn't going to loan much towards that type of purchase. That's why he's apparently fending off trades in his ad. People are probably trying to counter the lack of cash in hand. Likely younger buyers. Most with cash in hand for that will build their own or buy something of better value.

Hard to find is cool and insurance co's will take that in mind at times but not on a car like this. 5spd V6 Accord Sedans were hard to find too when offered, but they aren't rare and worth more because of it.

Have you priced rare subarus ever? Their prices are tater high...

Yeah but it's a 2004 we're talking about, and E10/E15 is a far cry from E85.

When did e10 start showing up? Late 80? Early 90s? I don't know about Subaru, but this isn't really a concern in Audi's. Mine's a 2000 (1999 built) and the lines are good for e85, I've been running it for 5-6 years non-stop.

You are right, book Values dont buy sell cars. Finding a rare car makes it worth more. My XT was one was one of like 5K made. Finding one that was manual - even harder.

Pepole who are buying a 5spd V6 Accord are not the same people buying a Forrester XT. They aren't "enthusiasts" and will move on to a Corrolla or similar vehicle. If you are searching for an 04-05Forrester XT its because you know exactly what it is and at 10 years old, they dont make that version or style anymore and havent for 7-8 years.

The Value of a rare vehicle is there for a reason.

Quick research shows..

For all XT models with manual transmission (model years 2004 to 2007) we produced about 5,000 cars. For the 2005 model year we produced about 1500.

Honda builds SO MANY accords they dont even release prodcution numbers of each model. (at least as far as i can find googling)

Have you priced rare subarus ever? Their prices are tater high...
Perzactly. Edited by damreds