Bullshit speeding ticket

01sentrase2.0

On 315 south before bethel a Worthington cop is over to the right just past a guardrail. I'm in the middle lane and speed around a swerving old Asian in a dodge avenger. Cop pulls out and speeds up to pull me over. He tells me I'm doing 80 in a 65. Asked why and I told him. He didn't believe me at all and still cites me a ticket for $100. I haven't had a ticket in 7 years. How many points is that and how would I go about fighting it? Cop was a douchebag for sure. My pregnant wife in the passenger seat on a way to an appointment wasn't a big enough reason for him to let me off with a warning. And no way was I doing 80 after slowing to 40 to not get hit by the swerving old man.

End rant. Hate bullshit tickets

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fight it. plead not guilty. say you weren't doing 80. if your record has been good for that long they should change it to a non-moving violation. talk to the prosecutor and tell him she was in labor or something. bing

On 315 south before bethel a Worthington cop is over to the right just past a guardrail. I'm in the middle lane and speed around a swerving old Asian in a dodge avenger. Cop pulls out and speeds up to pull me over. He tells me I'm doing 80 in a 65. Asked why and I told him. He didn't believe me at all and still cites me a ticket for $100. I haven't had a ticket in 7 years. How many points is that and how would I go about fighting it? Cop was a douchebag for sure. My pregnant wife in the passenger seat on a way to an appointment wasn't a big enough reason for him to let me off with a warning. And no way was I doing 80 after slowing to 40 to not get hit by the swerving old man.

You were speeding, and got a ticket...

No amount of explanation will make it okay in their eyes.

Im confused on how your pregnant girlfriend means you should get a warning? People have been getting pregnant for thousands of years, its not something magical. I would just pay it and move on, i got pulled over for "following too close" and he said i almost caused an accident. Didnt really care, paid it and moved on even though i was not close.

cant bring logic in here !!

This is wrong but not entirely wrong. It's wrong because it implies you shouldn't fight it. Fight every ticket. It's not wrong because it is a lot harder to fight a ticket based on justified breaking of the law, but much easier to fight it on some technical error or omission of the officer.

What was he using to measure speed? was is a Lidar gun or did he record the speed off the speedometer? your ticket should tell you.

If it was Lidar, laser tickets are hard to beat on technical faults. take it to an atty (if you don't take any initial plea deal). It's still possible to beat it on technical grounds but this relies on certain circumstances like the officer having you visible uninterrupted (no cars pass between you and the subject or the officer has a less than steady hand) in his lidar sight for approx 7 seconds (the time it takes for a Lidar gun to record an accurate speed) or whether the gun was in motion or stationary. The NHTSA has a manual of published standards for LIDAR operation by a police department and it's worth a read.

If it was verified by visual reference or vehicle speedometer, most judges know this is flawed because the officer needs to visually match your speed with his vehicle for a specific length of time before initiating the stop and there is a lot of room for error in that method.

Most jurisdictions will offer you a plea deal for 9 mph over the limit. This carries no points but still a fine and sometimes an insurance hike (sometimes not). I got one last year on the top of 27 between sawmill and 315 exits and this is what they offered me without even going to trial and all it cost me in time was 3 hours in the morning to sit and wait to talk to a prosecutor (I got there late, if you get there before they open it is less).

Im confused on how your pregnant girlfriend means you should get a warning? People have been getting pregnant for thousands of years, its not something magical. I would just pay it and move on, i got pulled over for "following too close" and he said i almost caused an accident. Didnt really care, paid it and moved on even though i was not close.

cant bring logic in here !!

Anything after this might as well be typed in wing dings.

Its his wife.

You are trying to make him out to be a low life by insinuating he impregnated his girlfriend.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH).

I see

Looks to be Worthington and not downtown

You should be able to get it sent downtown pretty easy, but after having too many points on my license I say fight every one. It's much easier to deal with if you keep your record clean. A decent attorney will get it reduced or dismissed if you have a clean record, and if you do get another ticket in the next couple years that one will be easy to beat if you take care of this one. Just my 2 cents, you do what you want. I will also say that when a cop pulls you over I find it best to just give him your info and move on, the court is for making your arguement, and a pregnant girlfriend or being late isn't much of an arguement.

I see

I see nothing but WINNING.

Seriously, take every ticket to court. 2/3 times i've gotten tickets outright dismissed. The 3rd got plea bargained WAY down (Prosecutors idea, right off the bat ;) )

AND YOU DON'T NEED TO HIRE A LAWYER! Dress nice and be polite. Prosecutors (downtown) could give a fuck less about traffic tickets, seems to me they look for reasons to dismiss them because they're viewed as a waste of their time.

Sucks, most of the time Suburb cops wont even show when the case is filed downtown (I.E. they wrote the ticket outside of there Jurisdiction).

I'm confused if the ticket would make his first appearance in Worthington why does downtown matter (and I did say first appearance because if you don't like the local magistrate's decision its easy to get it transfered downtown)? and cops typically show up, but if they don't there is no argument for the other side and you can get out of it.

My point is if you're not going to get an attorney, just keep saying not guilty. Never admit to any speed over the limit, and excerise your rights as an American to fight it. Fuck tickets, they want your money, so make them work to get it.

I see nothing but WINNING.

Seriously, take every ticket to court. 2/3 times i've gotten tickets outright dismissed. The 3rd got plea bargained WAY down (Prosecutors idea, right off the bat ;) )

AND YOU DON'T NEED TO HIRE A LAWYER! Dress nice and be polite. Prosecutors (downtown) could give a fuck less about traffic tickets, seems to me they look for reasons to dismiss them because they're viewed as a waste of their time.

You are talking to someone who wouldn't' be able to drive for YEARS if I had been ticketed for every time I've been pulled over. 98% of the time the cops are awesome and just let me go with a verbal warning the 2% of the times I have received a ticket, the court will dismiss them to windshield wiper/light/equip violations.

His ticket, is still not a BULLSHIT TICKET.

I'm confused if the ticket would make his first appearance in Worthington why does downtown matter (and I did say first appearance because if you don't like the local magistrate's decision its easy to get it transfered downtown)? and cops typically show up, but if they don't there is no argument for the other side and you can get out of it.

Occasionally Suburb cops will write tickets outside of their Jurisdiction (usually when they're policing freeways). When this is the case the ticket will instruct you to show up downtown, instead of local (Worthington) Traffic Court.

In my experience Prosecutors (Franklin County/Downtown) seem to hate Traffic cases and often do everything they can to "get rid of them". They could care less about Worthington's pocket book...They have other, more serious shit to deal with.

Anything after this might as well be typed in wing dings.

Its his wife.

You are trying to make him out to be a low life by insinuating he impregnated his girlfriend.

lol i missed the wife part and inserted GF, i am surprised nobody called me out on the thousands of years comment lol. I am dissapoint

Worthington cop, Worthington court. Laser and stationary. I sped up to get out of the way of a wreckless driver that was swerving. I was in the center lane and moved over to the left lane and got out of the way. The cop pulled out from his hiding place and gunned it after me in the left lane. Sped up right behind me with no lights on. I signaled to get over to the right and he followed me. Then put on his lights and pulled me over. Court date is 8/19/14 at 6 pm in worthington.

Worthington cop, Worthington court. Laser and stationary. I sped up to get out of the way of a wreckless driver that was swerving. I was in the center lane and moved over to the left lane and got out of the way. The cop pulled out from his hiding place and gunned it after me in the left lane. Sped up right behind me with no lights on. I signaled to get over to the right and he followed me. Then put on his lights and pulled me over. Court date is 8/19/14 at 6 pm in worthington.

If the cop was sitting outside of Worthington lines I would call (Worthington) Police, explain that you got ticketed outside of the City and would like a Court Date Downtown. Sounds like he was probably sitting right in the "sweet spot" inside his Jurisdiction though :rolleyes:

http://www.maptechnica.com/us-city-boundary-map/city/Worthington/state/OH/cityid/3986604

fight it. plead not guilty. say you weren't doing 80. if your record has been good for that long they should change it to a non-moving violation. talk to the prosecutor and tell him she was in labor or something. bing

In my opinion at least go to court to get those points off of your record.

This... These threads are so flippen dumb.

Also that's wrong with America, no one takes ownership for there own actions. You were speeding clear and simple. Pay the ticket, don't speed like a tool bag don't get tickets. BINGO BANGO.

WAH i was speeding but grrr i should fight it cause blah blah blah told me once upon a time blah blah whinny bitch.

Thats all i got.

I wasn't going above 70. Yes still speeding. .

Why even post then?

This... These threads are so flippen dumb.

Also that's wrong with America, no one takes ownership for there own actions. You were speeding clear and simple. Pay the ticket, don't speed like a tool bag don't get tickets. BINGO BANGO.

WAH i was speeding but grrr i should fight it cause blah blah blah told me once upon a time blah blah whinny bitch.

Thats all i got.

I take ownership for all my actions, that said I still have the right to a trial and I personally love to exercise that right. I was in court two weeks ago; didn't even try to get out of the charge, actually didn't even say anything to the Prosector. He just walked up and said "im dropping your charges because the other party (in the accident) didn't show up to court".

Don't confuse enjoying your rights as an American with trying to escape ownership of a problem :thumbup: