Tony Stewart's career is now over.

Shawn89

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First sentence said he struck and killed the kid?

Walking into the middle of a packed racetrack to call out a speeding racer is kind of asking to get hit IMO (whether it be intentional or unintentional). Although it sure seems like Stewart took aim and fired.

I really don't think he intentionally hit the kid. I think he was just trying to get close and scare him a little. But it's really hard telling

At the very least he's going to be charged with (and likely convicted of) Manslaughter. Saying his Career is over is a bit of an understatement...

First sentence said he struck and killed the kid?

Walking into the middle of a packed racetrack to call out a speeding racer is kind of asking to get hit IMO (whether it be intentional or unintentional). Although it sure seems like Stewart took aim and fired.

They had updated it since I first read it. All it says was he was seriously injured

At the very least he's going to be charged with (and likely convicted of) Manslaughter. Saying his Career is over is a bit of an understatement...

Hard telling. The whole thing started with what as far as I can see a misunderstandment of how the crash happened and bad choices among both drivers in the following moments.

Hard telling. The whole thing started with what as far as I can see a misunderstandment of how the crash happened and bad choices among both drivers in the following moments.

Doesn't matter, dude hit him with a car after accelerating a second before hand; he clearly could have slammed on the brakes. No doubt in my mind he will get charged with Manslaughter.

Sad to see, why would u get out of your car on a race track, your gonna get struck by a car any which way you see it! Im sure it was a accident and will be cleared and back to racing.

Curious to see videos when they arise.

BUt for any one that's ever watched a dirt track race, the laps are so stupid quick and the cars are so fast it would be hard to come around a corner and avoid something like this.

Sad to see, why would u get out of your car on a race track, your gonna get struck by a car any which way you see it! Im sure it was a accident and will be cleared and back to racing.

Curious to see videos when they arise.

BUt for any one that's ever watched a dirt track race, the laps are so stupid quick and the cars are so fast it would be hard to come around a corner and avoid something like this.

Yep. People who know dirt track racing are all saying he should not have gotten out of the car and done this before the safety crew got there, period. Dirt tracks are not well lit, this guy is wearing a dark color suit on a dark color track so he's pretty much in camouflage. Not to mention inside a sprite car your field of vision and movement is limited.

Bottom line dude doesn't get out of the car he doesn't die.

Sprint cars are a barely controlled wild ride, so to want to run out on the track all pissed off was stupid, but to rev at him upsetting your car wasn't smart either. Like that article says, its a very bad series of events. Very sad to see indeed, RIP.

It looks like he was trying do do a little drift to throw dirt on the guy, and when he realized he was getting too close, tried to counter steer to stop the drift, but it was too late.

I don't see much more than a suspension happening, but interested in the results.

Getting out of your car because you are mad is not a smart choice. Trying to "buzz" the watchtower of someone who is mad at you is not a smart choice. The result seems worst case.

This will be very sad if the guy dies. But I can't see that ending Tony Stewart's career.

I feel darwin won in this instance, why the hell would you get out of your car?

Adrenaline, ego, heat of the moment....that's a recipe for bad decisions without thinking clearly. he made a really bad decision, but still didn't deserve to die. sad for sure, but could have easily been avoided.

I put the lion's share of the blame on the kid. Who gets out of their car and walks back down into the racing line? That's just stupidity. These aren't Corollas. These cars are near impossible to drive with precision as they are built from the ground up to constantly be in a left turn. Then they are over-powered with massive engines that have a throttle like a light-switch. And just to add a little bit more of insanity, they have all but nonexistent brakes. Walking into the racing line of these machines is suicidal.

As for whether tony revved or buzzed or whatever, you *cannot* judge by this video. There's a whole side of the track that's closer to the camera than the incident, so engine sounds are likely from a car closer to the camera that you can't see. And that video has been through YouTube's image stabilizer so you can't be sure the car's movements are real, or an artifact of that process. Just look at how the video jumps and flexes when the cars are passing along the bottom of the frame.

This video is poor evidence of what happened. The only ones that know what happened are the ones involved. The track officials that were there are the only ones that can make a decision on this.

Don't forget that a looooong time ago Richard Petty killed an 8 year old kid on a drag strip. Was not charged, though that was arguably a bit more of a freak accident.

I don't think you can call this anything but a horribly unfortunate accident. Ward is dancing around the track obviously trying to get close, Stewart is driving a ridiculous race car on loose surface in the dark towards a guy wearing a black race suit.

I've been a fan of Stewart all of his career and that counts IRL as well. While my opinion is probably biased i dont think he did this on purpose and his career in no form ends today. The first car miss Ward and then Tonys got a full view of Ward with no where to go. Its racing and as we all know racing is a very dangerous sport. It's been said before but if he stays in his car he would still be alive.