CR, pick me out some wheels

Cordell

Okay so, in order to sell my Miata I'm going to put some decent wheels on it. The ones I have looked nice until I drove the car with race pads, and got some salt on them a couple years ago. I doubt anybody wants the car with platidipped wheels like it has now so here we go.

It has to fit a Miata with sport brakes (most 15s fit but not all).

Basically 15x6.5 or 15x7, about a 40mm offset, 4x100 bolt pattern. I have 205-50-15 tires already that I will put on these new rims, so I can then sell the rims and tires on the car.

I want to sell the car so the cheaper the better, ideally under $500 and there are lots to choose from in that price range. I realize that my taste in wheels isn't everybody's so getting some ideas of what other people like will help out a lot. Thanks for checking this out and I appreciate your input, maybe someone even has something to sell me. Ready go.

This. Much cheaper than aftermarket, and having the original wheels on the car will increase it's perceived value.

Why would I spend $65 to $75 a wheel when they only $100 a wheel new? I wish I had the stock Racing Hart wheels that came on these cars but I didn't get them with car, if I did those would be worth refinishing. Stock wheels are hard to come by, as they were easily bent, and the Mazdaspeeds were not common.

For whatever it's worth, I don't think you'll see the value in purchasing a new set up for a car you are going to sell. I think the car looks great as is, for a great price.

You'd probably be better off offering a buyer the opportunity to pick a wheel swap for full price or taking a $500 discount off for anyone who is willing to take it as is. Most people have their own imagine of the car in mind, so the chances of you hitting that spot on are slim to none.

Good luck dude. I think it's a great functioning and looking car for the money.

For whatever it's worth, I don't think you'll see the value in purchasing a new set up for a car you are going to sell. I think the car looks great as is, for a great price.

You'd probably be better off offering a buyer the opportunity to pick a wheel swap for full price or taking a $500 discount off for anyone who is willing to take it as is. Most people have their own imagine of the car in mind, so the chances of you hitting that spot on are slim to none.

Good luck dude. I think it's a great functioning and looking car for the money.

Thanks, now I just need someone who thinks that who wants to own it.

Why would I spend $65 to $75 a wheel when they only $100 a wheel new? I wish I had the stock Racing Hart wheels that came on these cars but I didn't get them with car, if I did those would be worth refinishing. Stock wheels are hard to come by, as they were easily bent, and the Mazdaspeeds were not common.

Because it would be an extra 100 to 140 in your pocket.

We can refinish the wheels, you would get club pricing--as do all members on CR. If you want to get new wheels you can do that, too--but what are you going to do with the wheels that need refinished?

Was planning on selling them with the race tires that are on them, figured they'd make a nice second set for some who autocrossed.