WTB: Truck

Chief8one

I'm in need of a truck. I have no brand preference would like something under 3k and 4x4. I've never owned a truck and really don't know what to really look for. The ideal truck would be to haul furniture/gravel/wood for my new home. It would be nice to be able to haul a car and trailer at somepoint, but is not a must.

Thanks post here or can PM me as well.

My buddy has been on this hunt for a few months and can only find 90's garbage with a quarter million miles. Trucks worth buying are expensive. Good luck though, and if you find something nice you don't want for some reason let me know.

Yeah man, realistically speaking, you won't find a 4x4 this close to winter that isn't a total piece of shit for anything under 3k. If you could go up to 5k you can get something decent.

Good luck man! I know it's hard this time of year.

Having owned a few '80's Fullsize Chevys and a Ford - all 2WD - I'd highly recommend that if you're not truly going off-road, you'd be just as good in a RWD tee-ruk with really good tires.

I have turrible, rock-hard, dry-rotted PepBoys specials on my '82 Ford F100 and could barely get out of my driveway when it snowed last year. Loaded up the bed with shoveled snow and was able to get most anywhere I needed to go. http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116517

Now, I'm getting new M+S traction tires and anticipate even better all-weather performance this year.

Considering I use my tee-ruks exactly how you describe (includes towing my old Corvette to FL/PA/GA etc when I had it), you don't need 4WD at all.

Look at an older 3/4-ton 2WD truck with an 8ft bed and be done with the search. You'll already have any tools you need to fix it, and the parts are super cheap. Love my beater tee-ruks.

I'm with "z". I havae only owned 4x4 as I thought "Ohio snow". But last year I wanted to teach my sone to drive a stick and didn't want to spend over $4k. I looked at A LOT of crap, rust buckets, dash lights on and "minor problems" truck. My brother has owned several truck all 2wd and he said the same thing, if you don't do heavy 4 wheeling 2wd w/weight in the bed is fine.

Finally, found a nice std. cabin,5 speed ranger, roll up windows, but no dash lights, very minor surface rust and NO minor problems. It needed tires but that was easy enough. I put 180 lbs. in the back and rode around all winter with no problems. In the spring, I took the weight out but it doesn't ride as nice

Good luck on your hunt

mace

My neighbor is always selling a vehicle. Right now he has this $5600. It has some body damage on the front bumper. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/24/60a5f3b4d8c8d7b3dc14b8a2122434d2.jpg

If your still looking a friend of mine who has been a mechanic for over 40 yrs has several Chevy and GMC trucks FS, a few of them are nice rust free southern trucks.

If your interested PM me and get you the #.