NFL thread

BStowers023

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really happy for Buffalo Bills fans and the city of Buffalo. Pergula buying the team and having ownership over the 2 major sports teams in the city is going to end up being great in terms of stability.

I started Rodgers against Seattle over Matty Ice (38 points to Rodgers 11) at NO. Glad Thomas made up for my mistake.

(

OUCH. Rodgers is my main QB too, but I made a call to start Kap over him. My friends said I was being risky by doing that but I looked at Rodgers vs. Seattle's dominating defense or Kap's game management vs. a pretty horrible Dallas defense (sorry buddy, they actually didn't look too bad)

I got 19 points vs. 11, so I lucked out there.

I finished Yahoo non PPG with 124 points, best in my 10 person league. Apparently that's pretty damn good.

Im listening to mike & mike this morning and of course theyre talking about ray rice. So right in the middle of a conversation they break into the 1800 flowers on air ad and seamlessly transition from domestic violence to sending flowers to someone "just because". :lol:

OUCH. Rodgers is my main QB too, but I made a call to start Kap over him. My friends said I was being risky by doing that but I looked at Rodgers vs. Seattle's dominating defense or Kap's game management vs. a pretty horrible Dallas defense (sorry buddy, they actually didn't look too bad)

I got 19 points vs. 11, so I lucked out there.

I finished Yahoo non PPG with 124 points, best in my 10 person league. Apparently that's pretty damn good.

No need to sugar coat it. Dallas has been a .500 team for over a decade and will likely be worse this year. Is what it is.

And I called it last year: with Roddy and Julio healthy, Matt Ryan is a top 5 fantasy QB. My team last year was stud and I had him as a backup then. Even without them he was solid.

Im listening to mike & mike this morning and of course theyre talking about ray rice. So right in the middle of a conversation they break into the 1800 flowers on air ad and seamlessly transition from domestic violence to sending flowers to someone "just because". :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

• 4 weeks later...
Bengals looked awful last night. The entire team looked out of sync...but if I had to blame one person, I'd blame the D coordinator Gunther. He brought almost no pressure the entire game and let Brady sit back there comfortably and pick us apart. The defensive success has been so great when we bring pressure to disrupt the QB...Idk why they decided to change, and it shows. Also, cut Brandon Tate please.

Bengals looked awful last night. The entire team looked out of sync...but if I had to blame one person, I'd blame the D coordinator Gunther. He brought almost no pressure the entire game and let Brady sit back there comfortably and pick us apart. The defensive success has been so great when we bring pressure to disrupt the QB...Idk why they decided to change, and it shows. Also, cut Brandon Tate please.

Can't beat up the Bengals too much over that game. They suffered from what is commonly known as "being the team that plays the Patriots after they've just had their asses handed to them and have bloodlust like a pissed off Marine"

Can't beat up the Bengals too much over that game. They suffered from what is commonly known as "being the team that plays the Patriots after they've just had their asses handed to them and have bloodlust like a pissed off Marine"

I don't really blame them, but the game should and could have been closer. By all means though was that a big time trap game.

Bengals looked like complete shit. But as others have said, it was a trap game for sure.

Trap game? They weren't looking past the Pats, that is for sure. They just got out played and coached. Simple as that. Hopefully they meet in the playoffs and Cincy gets them back. I'd much rather see the other Ohio team do well than *insert any other team*.

Trap game? They weren't looking past the Pats, that is for sure. They just got out played and coached. Simple as that. Hopefully they meet in the playoffs and Cincy gets them back. I'd much rather see the other Ohio team do well than *insert any other team*.

Trap game as in:

Headlines all week about a reeling Patriots team, end of Belichick/Brady era, undefeated Cincy coming in to town, etc.

Then, we get our asses kicked.

Trap game as in:

Headlines all week about a reeling Patriots team, end of Belichick/Brady era, undefeated Cincy coming in to town, etc.

Then, we get our asses kicked.

I know what you mean, but it isn't a trap game. That refers to a game that is before a "big" game and you look past that game. A great example is OSU plays Illinois the week before MSU this year. The Illinois game is a "trap" game.

I know what you mean, but it isn't a trap game. That refers to a game that is before a "big" game and you look past that game. A great example is OSU plays Illinois the week before MSU this year. The Illinois game is a "trap" game.

Oh golly, sorry for that one.

Make sure you quote the first guy who said it too. Wouldn't want to misrepresent something, you know?

I predict the Bengals will face the Steelers in the first round and history will repeat itself with a Steeler victory and Superbowl run!

GO STEELERS! :cool:

-Marc

There are different meanings to the phrase. Nobody is arguing that the Bengals were out coached and out played. They also got the best game the patriots will probably play all year, and one of the worst games the Bengals will play all year. The patriots were ready, the Bengals weren't.

I predict the Bengals will face the Steelers in the first round and history will repeat itself with a Steeler victory and Superbowl run!

GO STEELERS! :cool:

-Marc

Nooooo! Man I can't wait to see how the Bengals match up against the Steelers. We always lose to you guys.

Demarco. That is all.

Aikman telling Dallas and the world that, "we won superbowls because of Emmit and Demarco is better than him," (or something to that affect) may have opened some eyes. I hope so.

I like what you did there. Had me thinking I typed the wrong team.

Nooooo! Man I can't wait to see how the Bengals match up against the Steelers. We always lose to you guys.

Lately it seems like we take turns losing at each others stadium! Hopefully it is a great series...of course I expect the Steelers to sweep but I would be happy with a split :)

-Marc