Rural High Speed Innerwebs

GilbWs6

Moving to a new house just outside of Lithopolis. I grew up out there and spent my teenage years longing for high speed. I figured now that it's been 10+ years that high speed had made it's way out there. I was wrong.... All I can seem to find is ATT 6 mbps hookup. HughesNet is out due to the amount I use and price. ATT says that uVerse is on the way but they've been saying that about my current house for 5 years now. What do some of you that live in the country and don't have access to RoadRunner do? Anything?

My cousin's uncle (on the other side of their family) live in Orient and have a router that they plug a Verizon LTE USB dongle in to to get home internet. Works extremely well, actually. The only catch is Verizon's data caps. Have you looked into cellular internet like that or Clear?

What Pat said. My parents live 'out in the country' where cable isn't available and use Satellite (dish or direct?) for TV and an LTE hub/dongle/whatever the cell phone modems with wifi broadcasters built into them are called. They gave up unlimited data a few years ago when they signed a new contract and have a 5gb cap now. :dumb:

It's probably the best option if you can get a good (LTE or 4G, etc) data cell signal.

So here's an update. Att emailed me and said that they can't even provide me with DSL after saying yes and letting me place an order. I checked out all of the ones previously mentioned. Just found something called intelliwave. Called them today and sales is closed until Monday. According to their website, I'm in their coverage area. It's line of sight RF. If that doesn't pan out, it'll be a combo of exceed and LTE. Caps are going to suck. We average almost 200 gb/month.