City of Columbus, 311 & Tree Maintenance

cybe

I've got this massive tree on the easement / island in front of (and over) my house - it rains debris and is generally screwing up my property, the street, sidewalk and cars. Any tips on having the city take care of it / remove it? I submitted a request on 311.columbus.gov, but last time they just sent AEP to make the tree more lopsided than it was before.

http://i.imgur.com/5KzJHpb.png

This branch in particular hangs over my garage / cars etc. (Worse than it looks.)

Anthony #2 doesn't do tall trees. I have a pair of 70ish foot pines in the back that he won't even try to bother with :( That tree Blake is referring to looks pretty fucking tall :lol:

Surprising, pines are like the easiest trees to take down. Easy to climb and just start cutting branches off. My dad and I took 7 down from our yard back in the day.

Thanks Anthony, I don't do large trees due to insurance regulations. Technicallyyyyy I'm not supposed to do any trees, but I will take care of moderate ones. I've looked at that tree posted above for Cybe, and without a bucket it's too dangerous. Call the city, then call a tree expert if they don't help. My buddy Scott @ ScottScapes Tree Service is great.

Tim I'll still do yours tho, that ones easy.

That's a big, beautiful tree. Would be a shame to remove it. Especially, give Ohio's history. For a tree to even be that big/old here, it's almost shocking.

I agree - you should see the tree in the backyard for which the street is named. Straight as a pin, really beautiful.

But this one, though you can't tell in the photos, is a menace. From above, it's kind of "P" shaped - AEP chops half of it off regularly, and the leg of the P is this giant troll branch that troll squirrels use to bomb my cars/house/child with acorns from 30 feet. I've got what'd pass for hail damage!

I agree - you should see the tree in the backyard for which the street is named. Straight as a pin, really beautiful.

But this one, though you can't tell in the photos, is a menace. From above, it's kind of "P" shaped - AEP chops half of it off regularly, and the leg of the P is this giant troll branch that troll squirrels use to bomb my cars/house/child with acorns from 30 feet. I've got what'd pass for hail damage!

Why not just trim that big branch?

I did have our resident CR arborist come out, and he referred me to a larger outfit. They wanted something like five grand to take a few branches. They really are big and tricky, so I understand - but I'm not willing to fork that out to only partially address the real problem.