Need help convincing my wife...

Mallard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go buy one, wait until she asks how you got it, tell her it's a loaner from work. Let her drive it a few times, then right before the first payment, tell her they gave you a deal you couldn't refuse. Just make sure she never finds out what you actually paid for a Dodge Charger.

Go buy one, wait until she asks how you got it, tell her it's a loaner from work. Let her drive it a few times, then right before the first payment, tell her they gave you a deal you couldn't refuse. Just make sure she never finds out what you actually paid for a Dodge Charger.

This guys done this a time or two. :lol:

Buy it now and ask for forgiveness later. Seems to work for me so far, I'm still married lol.

It is easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission.

:)

KillJoy

Here are your answers.

I'm not a fan of "quid pro quo" in a marriage: it's about communication and compromise, NOT trade-offs.

Have her drive it and see if she likes it. If your wife is half as opinionated as mine is, she'll give you a slight indication that it hits her buttons. If it doesn't, F the Hellcat and realize that you'll never buy one unless you want her pissed at you. Chrysler LOL anyways.

If she does like the car, tell her you really like it as well and eventually you want to buy one. BOOM: shared goal set. She'll give you silly pragmatic reasons why you shouldn't buy it. Work on good answers to those questions...take your time. Respect her thoughts.

Then, wait for the RIGHT one to come up: right color, right deal (sticker price LOL) and make it happen. Set up the deal. Arrange financing/transportation if necessary. THEN let her know you're buying the car. She'll have questions but won't ever say no. You mitigated any doubts on the car when she asked questions before.

I don't believe clothes(car) makes the man, but your actions in accomplishing a goal like that will create momentum that she can't stop, and she will be impressed when you pull it off. As a side benefit to the new car you love, she will impart her own love onto the vehicle, and reward you for getting her such a nice gift. :masturboy:

Ask me how I know.

Or you could be a man and just tell her you are buying it and not have to convince her of anything.

I have never understood this whole, ask my wife's permission or convince her, or hopefully she lets me, crap.

X2. Not being an ass, but if I/we make the money to buy it, I'd buy it.

I just bought 4 Bengals tickets yesterday and afterward texted my wife to let her know I'd be gone on November 2nd. No arguing, nothing.

Good luck dude, those cars are beautiful.

Lol, yeah, some are taking this way too seriously. I've been having fun bombarding my wife with reasons why I should have one over the last few weeks, but we've had the conversation and she realistically agreed that I could get a car after the kids are out of day care. (One is 3 years old, the other is 3 weeks) I just need to find ways to pull that ahead.