who would last longer in a zombie apocalypse?

PRD2BDF

I was a scout but not for an extended time. I did grow up in WV (let the jokes begin) so I can handle my own in the wilderness (ok, more jokes).

For me, a get home bag makes no sense because if the scenario were dire enough that I couldn't just drive home from work then I have bigger problems to deal with. My family will be fine at home for an extended period and me being there wouldn't make or break that.

I was a scout but not for an extended time. I did grow up in WV (let the jokes begin) so I can handle my own in the wilderness (ok, more jokes).

For me, a get home bag makes no sense because if the scenario were dire enough that I couldn't just drive home from work then I have bigger problems to deal with. My family will be fine at home for an extended period and me being there wouldn't make or break that.

My biggest problem is getting home safe and second is my family's safety. I have a child at my house I for sure need to get there in one piece with or without help from anyone. That is my top priority your situation might be different.

My biggest problem is getting home safe and second is my family's safety. I have a child at my house I for sure need to get there in one piece with or without help from anyone. That is my top priority your situation might be different.

Awww shit son you dating a girl with a kid? :barf:

Playing some other guy's saved game nom sayin.

Way to shit all over the thread, typical potato salad fashion.

The deaf guy would win: mobility scooter isn't fast or mobile enough, blind people are absolutely screwed. That's like playing octopus in gym class with a blindfold.

The deaf person has more keen eyesight and awareness and can sense vibration in place of sound where as the blind can't hear trees and debris in their way and fat people slow down scooters.

You can always trade food for anything you need.

Until someone kicks in your door and takes it from you.

Remember that hurricane that came through ohio years ago? I had no power for 5 straight days and lost most of my food supply. This is what I prepare for now. If it happens again I have enough food, candles, lights, batteries, and solar chargers to survive.

Derecho. And what happens if it last longer than 5 days? What if it's TEOTWAWKI and it never comes back on?

Also I suggest you make a get home bag. I made one for only one reason, to get home from work to be with my family. I always take it to work because I need something to hold my work laptop. I look like everyone else that carries a backpack. It is nothing fancy, it isn't camo colored, it isn't tactikool, it looks boring. If I had to walk home from work I have enough supplies to make it by myself. If you want I can share with you my supplies list.

Good advice.

I have 2 kids and I think my wife can hold her own, even for a few days. We have some supplies in storage such as canned goods and bottled water. ;)

Until someone kicks in your door, rapes your wife, and sells/trades your kids while you're out gallivanting around.

So no one here was ever a scout?

http://www.preparednesspro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Boy-Scouts.jpg

haha hilarious, two of my good friends are actually graduated eagle scouts. They're constantly telling me how to tie knots and shit, embarrassing. Always wanted to be a scout, guess i'll have to go through it with my kid .... whenever that happens and/or hell freezes over.

Until someone kicks in your door and takes it from you.

Derecho. And what happens if it last longer than 5 days? What if it's TEOTWAWKI and it never comes back on?

Good advice.

Until someone kicks in your door, rapes your wife, and sells/trades your kids while you're out gallivanting around.

I have enough food for more than 5 days. Once it runs out I guess I will have to barter with neighbors.

And what if rogue vigilantes come knocking at your door with superior numbers and firepower? :lol:

I could play the "what if" game all day in these scenarios.

Not much can be done if that happens. Is die trying to defend your castle the correct answer ? ;)

My wife knows where the gun is and how to use it too. She's not a fru-fru candy ass. When it comes to the kids, don't fuck with mama.

My wife knows where the gun is and how to use it too. She's not a fru-fru candy ass. When it comes to the kids, don't fuck with mama.

21 foot rule.

How often does she practice clearing a house? Has she EVER been trained to clear a house? What if the gun gets taken from her or she can't get there before they/their bullet gets to her? What if a kid is grabbed and held hostage? Has she shot an attacker who has a gun to her kids head?

See? All day.

21 foot rule.

How often does she practice clearing a house? Has she EVER been trained to clear a house? What if the gun gets taken from her or she can't get there before they/their bullet gets to her? What if a kid is grabbed and held hostage? Has she shot an attacker who has a gun to her kids head?

See? All day.

:lolguy:

You people take this shit way too seriously. If shit goes that fucking wrong, we got bigger problems to deal with and she'd be better off hauling ass to her dad's or the local police department, etc. Unless you think she'd need to practice that too because that can't be handled. I mean fucking seriously?

You people take this shit way too seriously. If shit goes that fucking wrong, we got bigger problems to deal with and she'd be better off hauling ass to her dad's or the local police department, etc. Unless you think she'd need to practice that too because that can't be handled. I mean fucking seriously?

Really? If it were THAT bad she'd go to the Police Dept? :lol: Good luck with that. I'm sure there won't be any probs there.

PS - Notice I said I was playing devils advocate earlier. Not taking it serious.

But apparently you don't either. :gabe:

21 foot rule.

See? All day.

They taught us the 30 foot rule in my Conceal Carry class. I like more room :)