Any suggestions on Pest control?

Cordell

So to make a long story short, there is a very large nest of something, likely hornets or wasps, hanging from the tree in my front yard. It's right by the sidewalk/mailbox and it needs to go before someone else gets stung. Who have you had experience with or know of that can take care of such a thing, because I'm not getting stung anymore dealing with this shit.

So to make a long story short, there is a very large nest of something, likely hornets or wasps, hanging from the tree in my front yard. It's right by the sidewalk/mailbox and it needs to go before someone else gets stung. Who have you had experience with or know of that can take care of such a thing, because I'm not getting stung anymore dealing with this shit.

Spray at night with hornet spray. Repeat nightly until gone.

A friend ... the search function is, my young padawan:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68576&highlight=hornet

they offer a 3-6 month warranty too

Come on people read the dam post.

I dont have any experience with any companies, but google shows this companys the first listed. Im sure you have done this but its all i got buddy.

http://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/oh/columbus/buckeye-bee-and-wasp-removal-reviews-7856379.htm

In all seriousness, I just took our a nest with 8 or so active wasps present. Had a can of raid. Since they were all over the nest I just doused 'em. They all fell quickly and I stepped on 'em. Knocked down hive/nest/whatever and crushed it, leaving it doused in roach killer. The end.

they offer a 3-6 month warranty too

Come on people read the dam post.

I dont have any experience with any companies, but google shows this companys the first listed. Im sure you have done this but its all i got buddy.

http://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/oh/columbus/buckeye-bee-and-wasp-removal-reviews-7856379.htm

It's at night they're not active. Easy fix.

Spray at night with hornet spray. Repeat nightly until gone.

^^ this....but be sure to put a flashlight pointed up on the hive and locate it about 12ft away. They will come out and attempt to defend the hive but instead of going to you they will go to the light.

Did this myself and found about a dozen of them on the flashlight the next morning dead. That means they go sprayed and still had enough drive to sting to hit the light.

Use rechargeable batteries if you can as it will likely be out there all night :)

^^ Yep....that's the nest I just referenced in my reply :)

The one in my yard is about that size. The more I'm learning, it doesn't seem so bad to deal with, just kinda freaked me out to start getting stung that fast, I didn't even see them. 3 hornet stings in less then 3 seconds will get your attention and adrenaline going in a hurry.