Computer Effed after trying to stream

Zx2guy19

Hey guys,

Tried to stream the game tonight using the site suggested in this thread, the first one that a couple people have used:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118795&highlight=stream

1) It didn't work

2) My computer is totally fucked after trying to use it. Popups everywhere, my formatting is all off and it seems like this random shit will pop up and go away, almost like coding, leading me to believe something has infected me.

What should I do to prevent it from going further and fully remove it?

Thanks!

Reboot in safemode. Use msconfig from run to disable any suspicious startup items. Reboot in normal mode and use something like malewarebytes or something else to search for the virus.

I just did that, I still got a weird thing when I rebooted in regular mode (after doing safe mode and removing everything downloaded today) but otherwise it's running good.

restore to most recent backup

I think I am good now but if not, how would I do this?

It's 2014 and you still get popups?

First time in years. Clearly something is wrong.

Couple of notes:

1) You can try restoring to a previous point like suggested in this thread, but in the past i have had mixed success with this method. I have read that all it does is change registry settings while keeping files. So it may or may not try to reinstall itself after restoring.

2) Try Malware Bytes Anti-Spyware. https://www.malwarebytes.org/ Again, i have had mixed success with this. If you can be patient enough to let it run fully (takes hours and hours sometimes) you might be able to get rid of the shit. If needed you may need to run it in safe mode. Make sure you update to the latest definitions or version. When installing Malware bytes, read the install windows carefully as to not install something you don't need or want ( i really hate how developers are doing this now.)

3) If the computer is so jacked up you cannot use it at all, you could try downloading the latest hirens boot CD http://www.hirensbootcd.org/ . Its a linux based recovery/tool system that boots into linux and allows you to run a score of tools and utilities including anti virus/spyware/malware. Again, make sure you download the latest version of the anti-spyware once you're in.

4) Prevention! As mentioned above, use Ad Block Plus plugin in your chrome browser (if youre using internet explorer you deserved what happened to you.) I have noticed that ad block will prevent certain sites from working 100% but the safety you get from it is worth it. After you have ad block installed, go to microsoft.com and download "Microsoft Security Essentials." I have had great success with this and recommended it to everyone. Its free, is updated regularly, and will do a pretty damn good job of preventing malware and spyware. It's easy to use and uses low resources. You might even be able to use this to clear up your current spyware issue.

If none of the above work, time to back up and blow windows away. Nothing is more refreshing than a fresh install of windows.

Best of luck.

Thanks guys. I did see the note about ad block but thought I was good to go, apparently what I had downloaded didn't do the job.

I have added ABP and it seems to be running well again. I am going to download an anti-virus as recommended and take it from there.

Thanks again!