New car ideas around 20k

everlight44

I would not depend on a mustang or camaro as your only DD. I drove 5 liter mustangs through it all during high school and college. A lot of the time I had a nice Chevy Blazer on standby to get to work. Those evenings when we drive to work on dry roads and then there are 5" by rush hour...you are not getting home. Sure it isn't an every day thing, but I think it happens enough to make it a not-so-good idea. As others said, if you can keep the Accord then go for it.

Are you really comparing a Foxbody/SN95 5.0 to a 2011+?

OP, With it being your only car, I'd focus more on the interior/convenience and comfort than the wheels being powered. With good tires and common sense, I've never had an issue with a rwd car or truck in the winter. Also, like mentioned above, check on insurance. It may be cheaper for you in the long run to keep the Accord (multicar discount on insurance, gas savings).

:dumb: yeahhh... I was. The point I was sort of trying to make is that a high(er) powered car with the wider tires and not-so-nice-in-snow gearing can be a challenge compared to a 'normal' RWD sedan or something..like a run-of-the-mill v6 Charger...especially if you are not used to it. I dont know the OPs vehicle record, but winter is coming up...no fun ditching a mustang in a blizzard :)

Are you really comparing a Foxbody/SN95 5.0 to a 2011+?

OP, With it being your only car, I'd focus more on the interior/convenience and comfort than the wheels being powered. With good tires and common sense, I've never had an issue with a rwd car or truck in the winter. Also, like mentioned above, check on insurance. It may be cheaper for you in the long run to keep the Accord (multicar discount on insurance, gas savings).

I do need to check on the insurance, but I turned 25 and haven't had any accidents/tickets for 7 years, so my rates should be relatively OK. For sure it will cost a lot more than my $44/month for my accord. A WRX or focus ST would probably be my preference at this point, as they have 4 doors and are plenty quick for me.

The accord will last forever minus it needing painted. For whatever reason I see lots of 99 accords these days with paint problems.

What about a Accord coupe V6? 1/4 (14.0) and 0-60 (5.6 secs) times are comparable to a v6 camaro and mustang

Not a bad idea at all... finding a manual one would be somewhat challenging though. However, they do seem to exist in small quantities. The latest varieties are around 270hp / 250tq