Free Red Bull or $10

87GT

This is one of the most frivolous law suits I've ever heard of. First off, I'm disappointed that Red Bull settled. They should have seen this through. Secondly, I'm disappointed in all of you for collecting when you've not been wronged by Red Bull.

This is one of the most frivolous law suits I've ever heard of. First off, I'm disappointed that Red Bull settled. They should have seen this through. Secondly, I'm disappointed in all of you for collecting when you've not been wronged by Red Bull.

This...

Especially from a community ostensibly supportive of motorsports. Red Bull has spent so much on sponsorship in an area that should be important to us and yet some want to suckle at the free tit even more.

But stand by - most frivolous lawsuit title could be short lived. I saw an ad the other day from some lawyer folks looking to get class action status against an automotive headlight bulb manufacturer who claimed they could be installed in as little as three minutes. My guess is all the Mongos that couldn't figure it out had their time wasted and now want to be compensated for their valuable time.

Yup.

-Marc

third degree burns

THIRD DEGREE BURNS

It's reasonable to assume that spilling coffee on yourself would be hot and uncomfortable.

It's unreasonable to assume that the coffee would be so hot that it would cause 3rd degree burns and permanent nerve damage.

It is NEGLIGENT to have the FDA tell you multiple times over and over that your coffee is dangerously hot and to cool it the fuck down.

Boom.

third degree burns

THIRD DEGREE BURNS

It's reasonable to assume that spilling coffee on yourself would be hot and uncomfortable.

It's unreasonable to assume that the coffee would be so hot that it would cause 3rd degree burns and permanent nerve damage.

It is NEGLIGENT to have the FDA tell you multiple times over and over that your coffee is dangerously hot and to cool it the fuck down.

And then "Iced hot chocolate" became a thing.

Real Talk. All you shit bums in here rejoicing about collecting red bulls/ $10 from this lawsuit. :lolguy: :dumb:

/thread.

Red Bull has spent so much on sponsorship in an area that should be important to us and yet some want to suckle at the free tit even more.

Red bull made about 4 billion Euros last year in total sales of drinks. That doesn't count the money they make by motorsports sponsoring indirectly. I guarantee you that they will run out of their money set aside for the settlement WAY before everyone applies. I am sure they don't give a fuck about settling and are still laughing all the way to the bank with profit.

I am sorry I thought this was America where capitalism is king. Let me go light up my rocky patel cigars with the $10 bill from red bull. I am crying on the inside over all of this.

Heres the lady who spilled coffee on herself.

Probably NSFW/NSFL

http://travis.pflanz.me/assets/stella_liebeck_burned_by_mcdonalds_coffee-524x363.jpg[/QUOT Coffee between her legs cigarette in one hand, cream and sugar in the other. By the looks of her it appears that a spill of iced tea could have been caustic to her skin. Most people who agree with these sort of law suits haven't made much of themselves in life, and this is their ticket to the brass ring. Too bad you can't sue the Sun for all of those sunburns, maybe that is your ticket, yenner.

Thank you for such a well worded response. I appreciate you participating and using logic to prove your point.

This guy is a either a Lawyer, or at least a major part of the problem group of society......No Doubt about one of these statements being correct.

This.....Fucking America sometimes SUcks.

I'm sure they at first were going to fight it, but decided to settle for a few reasons. Maybe they are justifying it just by thinking it is their way to give back to customers who have bought from them for years. Or they just want to get it done and over with and move on.

Coffee between her legs cigarette in one hand, cream and sugar in the other. By the looks of her it appears that a spill of iced tea could have been caustic to her skin. Most people who agree with these sort of law suits haven't made much of themselves in life, and this is their ticket to the brass ring. Too bad you can't sue the Sun for all of those sunburns, maybe that is your ticket, yenner.

Once again you've missed the mark. I didn't say it wasn't her fault. I didn't say the Red Bull law suit wasn't total BS (no, I didn't try and apply for $10).

I merely said that McD's went against a regulation intentionally and by a large amount. That's where they're wrong. That's it. The end.

If it makes you feel better I can simply say, "you're right, I'm wrong." Will that help you sleep tonight? :lol:

Man, I seriously smiled at how rustled you are over something so frivolous.

This guy is a either a Lawyer, or at least a major part of the problem group of society......No Doubt about one of these statements being correct.

Yes. I'm not a lawyer so therefore I'm "a major part of the problem group of society". I brought facts into a discussion. My bad. I'm sorry that a corporation intentionally going against protocol and effing up someones life and the following results upset you. I'm sorry that I pointed out one simple fact and you both got bent over it. I apologize for saying, "Red Bull and McD's are 100% wrong" (oh wait, I didn't). I apologize for never saying the woman wasn't an idiot who put a styrofoam cup of hot coffee between her legs. My bad guys.

I simply said there were more facts to the case than, "lady spilled coffee on herself, gets rich". That's it. The end. Thanks for playing. :)

Mainly I'm sorry that neither of you can comprehend this:

third degree burns

THIRD DEGREE BURNS

Can you show us where this regulation is?

Stop throwing a Grantrum in CB long enough to read what I originally said.

From what I said in CB:

I said getting 3rd degree burns is different than assuming Red Bull gave you wings in my first response in the thread. Are you saying it's not?

That's it. That's all. AGAIN, it's the ladies fault for spilling the coffee. It's McD's fault it was above industry standards. I don't care enough to look up anything. Maybe I'm wrong on the regulations. All I saw was industry standards is much lower. If I'm incorrect, I'll eat crow.

I admit they're both stupid. I admit neither person should have "won". I have spilled coffee on myself before and never gotten 3rd degree burns though. Ever. I also have never drank an energy drink and assumed I could fly.

If it makes you all feel better you "beat me", but since all I was doing was pointing out the fact that the coffee was found hotter than coffee literally anywhere else in the world I don't see what there was for you three to prove.

I'm wrong. I'll eat crow. It tastes pretty good anyway.

There Grant. Happy now? :)

HOT WATER CAUSES THIRD DEGREE BURNS:

in 1 second at 156 degrees

in 2 seconds at 149 degrees

in 5 seconds at 140 degrees

in 15 seconds at 133 degrees

Dennys 175 degrees

7-11 175 degrees

Jack in the Box 160 degrees

Starbucks 175 degrees

Yeah, she's an idiot. Yeah, everyone knows coffee is hot. Yeah, she shouldn't have gotten money. Yeah, if McD's served it's coffee at what you would make at home she'd still have gotten burnt, but third degree burns happen a lot quicker at 190 deg than 140 deg.

Other establishments sell coffee at substantially lower temperatures, and coffee served at home is generally 135 to 140 degrees.

Coffee hotter than what I have spilled on myself from home or other places = common sense that it's hot but causes bad burns quicker. Red Bull not giving me wings = common sense that doesn't affect me in any way. There. Simple.

Not saying the Red Bull case is valid, just saying the hot coffee case had more to it than people who fail to look at the facts realize. If I spill hot coffee on myself am I at fault? Absolutely. 100%. I've done it before and blamed nobody but myself.

K. I'm done. I'm still wrong. Apparently I wasn't merely pointing out facts, I was siding with some idiot who spilled coffee on herself, sued, and rustled jimmes. :)

This...

Especially from a community ostensibly supportive of motorsports. Red Bull has spent so much on sponsorship in an area that should be important to us and yet some want to suckle at the free tit even more.

Well shit. Now I feel bad. On the other hand, they also sponsor the fuck out of eSports (I would never use this term seriously - I'm using it because even I believe it's ridiculous and helps my argument). One of the bigger names being OpTic Nadeshot. I don't like Nadeshot so I'll take my free Red Bull.

Maybe Red Bull just is just looking at it as a marketing tactic.

This. Not only are they looking like nice guys who are willing to give out free stuff...but they are collecting tons of home and email addresses which is probably worth a lot more than what this whole thing is costing them.

This. Not only are they looking like nice guys who are willing to give out free stuff...but they are collecting tons of home and email addresses which is probably worth a lot more than what this whole thing is costing them.

E-mail address wasn't a required field. Home address is worthless at this point since it's all junk mail anyway.

STOP USING LOGIC ;)