Wife is about to bring home a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, any known issues?

SpaceGhost

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we are going to do a Limited Diesel with towing and Luxury Group II package. We get a nice hookup with Ohio Health. Just hammering out details and finding the car, I guess diesel in red is pretty rare. We have a Vin but they would have to do a dealer trade.

Although we are considering a gas Overland, she is not real happy with the noisy diesel.

Think we are going to do a Limited Diesel with towing and Luxury Group II package. We get a nice hookup with Ohio Health. Just hammering out details and finding the car, I guess diesel in red is pretty rare. We have a Vin but they would have to do a dealer trade.

Although we are considering a gas Overland, she is not real happy with the noisy diesel.

The diesels are nice. I've been driving a diesel Overland 4x4 at work and getting 29-30 mpg with some 80 mph mostly highway runs to the proving grounds and back. It's a pricey option though.

In laws have the a 2012 v6. underpowered and tranny shifts weird. Other then that it runs great and has been dead reliable. Doesnt look too bad eathier.

Good reliable car. I say go for it!

A 2014 would have the 8 speed (and UConnect) so hopefully that experience would be better.

My wife likes the Grand Cherokee too, but I'm partial to the Durango.

DEF is not worth worrying about. You fill it up about like you do windshield washer fluid, and generally about as frequently.

It is chemically injected into the exhaust stream to "clean" the exhaust compounds. DEF is not unique to the ecodiesel at all, and very mainstream at this point. Should not be Mopar specific fluid either. Over the road trucks have been using the technology for years and u can save a few bucks pumping it directly at truck stops, but IMHO just buying smaller jugs at auto zone or Walmart is less hassle. Generally the boxes or jugs you buy include a funnel of some kind, easy peasy.

Edited by spankis