Wife is about to bring home a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, any known issues?

SpaceGhost

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The diesel is nice, my father in law got one a couple months ago. He says he gets 31-32 hwy. Kinda wish we'd have looked at one before getting our '14 GC.

As for household income, I make what I consider to be pretty good money, especially if I count side work, but, my girl makes about 50% more than I do. I ain't mad at her! She's definitely a boss, just not my boss [emoji41]

All depends on the people in the relationship, everyone contributes in different ways. For instance, "her income" has paid for much of our remodel materials, I've done every bit of the work myself, which would have cost at least that much. Together we've gained a good 60% in equity on our previously bank owned home.

Buy her what she wants OP (within reason lol).

Did you piss in a milk jug? :eek:

Well, it was a HEMI Summit, so we had to stop for gas a few times. But I loaded the wife and kid in the back at night, he went to sleep in Ohio and woke up in Florida, and I didn't drive us into a ditch!

Getting 30 mpg hwy in the diesel doesn't seem that hard. As I said before, I get 29 mpg doing 80 mph to the proving grounds and back.

• 4 weeks later...
Been reading some Jeep forums and apparently the diesels are pretty bad right now with this DEF injector issue. 14s are plagued with it, parts are on back order for a month or more usually. Guy just took delivery of his 2015 Summit Diesel, made it 122 miles before the error popped up. :(

• 1 month later...

As for the original post, both my gf and good friend have Jeep GC's. Like someone said before, big on the outside but not so much on the inside. I really like them and have driven my gf's '12 GC Overland (gas) a few times and it was comfortable and solid. knowing on the baggage (literal not figurative) that comes along with a kid I would think they would be a bit small on the inside for one, let alone multiple kids.

Either way, Sounds like a really nice Jeep you've set your mind on. Take some pics when you get it.... in the spring :(

I got a Grand Cherokee for a rental in Dallas this week and was impressed. It drove really nice but there was no way it was big enough inside for how my family would use it. The LCD dash was pretty cool and I definitely liked the heated steering wheel - an Option you don't know you need until you have it. Overall it had a very solid feel and I thought it looked great.

As for the original post, both my gf and good friend have Jeep GC's. Like someone said before, big on the outside but not so much on the inside. I really like them and have driven my gf's '12 GC Overland (gas) a few times and it was comfortable and solid. knowing on the baggage (literal not figurative) that comes along with a kid I would think they would be a bit small on the inside for one, let alone multiple kids.

Either way, Sounds like a really nice Jeep you've set your mind on. Take some pics when you get it.... in the spring :(

We have been transporting kids in my STIs for 7 years, with the BlueRays in the back and extra room over the Subaru it's a win. We took a trip to City Museum in ST. Louis last year in the STI, and for 7 hrs in the car we were fine in it and it fit all our stuff for the weekend. Not sure what everyone hauls around with their kids constantly that needs a 3rd row or a Suburban for 4 people? We haven't run across it yet. With a 6800b tow package, this thing can tow a boat, car or camper, hell we could do one of the hitch storage solutions if we need it for a trip. I will say right now Diesel sucks compared to gas as Diesel is still $3 a gal. But I believe gas will be back up for summer.

• 4 weeks later...