College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

Tilley, see above. UGA will not make it in. If they win the SEC CG, that means that the only one loss team in the SEC would be Miss St (assuming they win out) as Bama would have lost to UGA in the CG. So, now the committee's only choice would be to leave the SEC champ out in favor of an SEC team that didn't even play for the conference championship, OR to include an SEC champ that has TWO losses to UNRANKED teams OVER several one loss teams. Not happening.

I will believe it when I don't see it. Until then, I will remain (ir)rationally worried.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really want all of this to be true. Believe me, I do. However, I fear (perhaps due to an irrational underlying paranoia involving all things SEC, ESPN, conspiracies, etc.) that my doomsday scenario will be realized and three teams from the SEC get it.

For a moment, humor my paranoid delusions and consider the following:

- Oregon ends up losing to Oregon State. Wheeee, there they go, tumbling from the top.

- if Oregon doesn't stumble in the Civil War, they could still easily lose in the PAC12 title game. Welp, there's two losses for them, and one came late, so, well, bye Oregon

- either of these scenarios opens up a spot in top 4

- Ohio State loses one it's next three games. They could easily lose to Wisky in B10 title game. Any loss, bye bye Ohio State - they won't even sniff the top 4. Therefore, another spot gets opened up.

-Florida State could easily lose any of its remaining games. I say easily because Florida State looks very pedestrian (and certainly not like the invulnerable team that rolled through all competition last year). You know that if Florida State loses the committee will definitely toss them from the top 4. In fact, with a loss Florida State might be banned from all rankings for like a year.

- then you have the perfect little SEC stew going on. Oh, what's this - two SEC teams already in top 4, and they've essentially been camped out there all year? Yup, there you have mighty Alabama and might Miss State. Boy, they look good. Oh, wait, what's this - a mighty fine Ole Miss siting here in the top 10 and, wheeeee, them ole dirty Georgia dawgs right there in the top 10 too! Miss State beats Ole Miss - HOLY FUCK MISS STATE IS SOOO GOOD! Ole Miss beats Miss State - HOLY FUCK OLE MISS IS SOOO GOOD! Georgia beats Alabama in title game - HOLY FUCK GEORGIA IS SOOOO GOOD AND ALABAMA, WELL, WE KNEW THEY WERE GOOD SO THEY ARE STILL SOOOO GOOD.

This is the part where I start to cut myself.

I'm about as paranoid as they come when it comes to ESPN/SEC bias conspiracy shit. I think it's real, and it's there.

Could your scenario happen? ABSOLUTELY. The one wrinkle in that plan is that you have OSU losing. If they do, I don't give a shit what happens. I don't care if 4/4 make it from the SEC if OSU loses.

To me, bottom line: OSU wins out? They're in. That is 100% all I care about.

I would probably have to contain a massive load if we played Alabama in the semi's and skull fucked them. My pants literally get tight thinking about it.

I'm about as paranoid as they come when it comes to ESPN/SEC bias conspiracy shit. I think it's real, and it's there.

Could your scenario happen? ABSOLUTELY. The one wrinkle in that plan is that you have OSU losing. If they do, I don't give a shit what happens. I don't care if 4/4 make it from the SEC if OSU loses.

I would probably have to contain a massive load if we played Alabama in the semi's and skull fucked them. My pants literally get tight thinking about it.

This is the part where we high five and take hearty swigs from the alcoholic beverages we are consuming. Later, we will be hit on by attractive women and told how charming and alluring we are.

This is the part where we high five and take hearty swigs from the alcoholic beverages we are consuming. Later, we will be hit on by attractive women and told how charming and alluring we are.

I dream of the chance to have OSU meet Alabama.

I like the way you think.

Ohio State straight smoking Alabama in the semifinal would be almost as satisfying as winning a national championship. Seriously.

I 100% agree. Of course I want to win it all, but Arab Goggling Alabama and then potentially losing to FSU or Oregon wouldn't be a total heart breaker (again, I'd be pissed but my sadness would be remedied by watching Alabama/OSU highlights)

Wasn't it just last year that you said that you had no loyalties, your fiancee was a Bama fan and you were rooting for Auburn. Now you are a hardcore Alabama fan. You don't become a fan like that over night unless you jump on the bandwagon. Many of these guys didn't go to Ohio State.

FYI Ohio State is my Alma mater. But I was an Ohio State fan before I attended Ohio State. I grew up in Columbus. Many of the guys here grew up in Columbus or lived in Columbus for a long time. Ohio State is a home town team. It is definitely not the same as jumping on the Alabama bandwagon because your wife said so.

Using his logic you can't like a pro team if you never played for them. :lol: Trolls gonna troll.

OSU vs. 'Bama? YES PLEASE!

Imagine how much more consensual sexual acts, unfortunate incidents in which no one was to blame, and misplaced material goods by FSU players that FSU and the Tallahassee police have investigated but no found grounds for criminal prosecution.

:ninja:

The ONLY thing i don't like about a possible OSU/Bama matchup, is that it would be played in SEC country. While i know we travel very well, i'm sick of playing SEC teams in their backyard.

I would be just as happy if we were somehow able to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl Semifinal.

Better yet, give me some OSU/Bama at the Rose Bowl. Neutral field for BOTH teams, and we get to smash them in the Grand Daddy! I wouldn't care if we lost the NC then.