College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then Tennessee would dominate Ohio State in said Citrus Bowl lol

I wouldn't say that, I would say it would be a close game. Ohio States defense would have kept them in the game. The 1998 defense was pretty stout with Nail Diggs, Andy Katzenmoyer, Ahmed Plummer, Damen Moore, and the best DB ever played at Ohio State, Antoine Winfield.

We played the number 2 team in the nation 3 times that year. That's bonkers.

I contend that had we beat Florida that Ohio State team would be talked of as the greatest team of all time, or at least in the discussion. They'd be up there with 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami (and 2004 USC).

Going back to the discussion of available scholarships... Chris Carter and Antonio Underwood (both 4th year juniors) are listed as seniors making their final appearance in Ohio Stadium on Saturday. So it would appear that they will not be back next season.

Underwood never really did much. Carter at least seemed to care at times and tried a position change. But that final OL class from Bollman (Tommy Brown being the 3rd) was pathetic.

Going back to the discussion of available scholarships... Chris Carter and Antonio Underwood (both 4th year juniors) are listed as seniors making their final appearance in Ohio Stadium on Saturday. So it would appear that they will not be back next season.

Underwood never really did much. Carter at least seemed to care at times and tried a position change. But that final OL class from Bollman (Tommy Brown being the 3rd) was pathetic.

Interesting, Carter was actually showing progress at DT and worked his ass off to get in shape. Must be using the SEC "cut" tactics lol, way too many kids committed in the upcoming class, suddenly kids are just deciding to leave the program, their 4th year in it hahahaha.

Interesting, Carter was actually showing progress at DT and worked his ass off to get in shape. Must be using the SEC "cut" tactics lol, way too many kids committed in the upcoming class, suddenly kids are just deciding to leave the program, their 4th year in it hahahaha.

Doubtful. I've seen more and more players who are really low on the depth chart doing this around the country. A guy that went to my HS did this at Northwestern and was quoted as saying "why would I continue to get beat up when I already have my degree?"

Smart move.

As for Carter, I remember seeing him in the VT game and getting pushed about 6 yards off the ball. Havent seen him in anything but trash time.

Underwood has struggled with knee injuries

Some big games this week. A lot that matter for Ohio State moving forward...

Arkansas @ 20 Mizzou - Arkansas must win to give UGA a shot at the West champion

14 Auburn @ 1 Alabama - Auburn winning would be big, for obvious reasons.

13 Arizona St @ 15 Arizona - Winner still has a shot at the P12 south with a UCLA loss

18 Georgia Tech @ 10 UGA - Won't matter as far as conference standings, but it would be nice to see a surging UGA (SEC) team get throttled by a weak GT team. Another way to look at it, is if GT wins, and they go on to beat FSU, that would help FSU...

25 Minnesota @ 16 Wisconsin - Winner plays us

4 Miss St @ 8 Ole Miss - Gotta pull for the upset in the "egg bowl" LOL

Fichigan @ 6 Ohio State - Obvious.