99 mustang 1000+hp fuel system options?

STEVE-O

Build will be a 6.0 lq4 with a 88mm turbo swapped into a 99 mustang chassis.

car is origianlly a v6 car. So What is the best route to go to use a stock style tank and support say 1000rwhp on e85?

Only option i really see is just to go with the on3 cobra tank and triple pump setup. Anyone else have a better idea or experience? Do I need the cobra tank or just the hat?

You are going to need more than 100 lb injectors.

Magnafuel or Aeromotive Pro Pump. -10 to -12 Feed. -8 to each rail -6 to -8 from rails to regulator. -8 to -10 return. Glynns Sleeper Tank.

any specific reason to go with Glynns Sleeper Tank over the on3 cobra tank setup? price is prety similar.

Magnafuel 4703. -10 feed, big return.

Sump it from a cell or use a bolt in tank. Aftermarket regulator. and yes you probably need 2000cc injectors (200lb) You can get away with smaller high impedance injectors if you crank up the fuel pressure, however odds are you are going to wear stuff out prematurely. I would recommend 200lb injectors for 1000whp on e85.

FYI I run 3 Aeromotive 340lph pumps and the car is out of pump at 1100whp on e90. -10 feed, 2000cc injectors and aeromotive regulator on a flex fuel setup.

Magnafuel 4703. -10 feed, big return.

Sump it from a cell or use a bolt in tank. Aftermarket regulator. and yes you probably need 2000cc injectors (200lb) You can get away with smaller high impedance injectors if you crank up the fuel pressure, however odds are you are going to wear stuff out prematurely. I would recommend 200lb injectors for 1000whp on e85.

FYI I run 3 Aeromotive 340lph pumps and the car is out of pump at 1100whp on e90. -10 feed, 2000cc injectors and aeromotive regulator on a flex fuel setup.

yes but i dont want to run a cell I want to run a stock tank and be able to use stock fuel level gauge. Also your only running 6 cylinders i will have 8 so that helps. 200lb will be overkill. Per the formula at stock pressure 53-54psi I should need 105lb roughly.

160s here over 1300 at the tire. Just got to have a pump to keep up

Exactly. You can probably get away with 100's but your base pressure will be ridiculously high. Weldon 2345a, magnafuel 4703 or go mechanical pump.

Edit,

Triple 340s are 100% out of pump at 1100whp reguardless of cylinder quantity lol

So, ignore the guy who has tuned more fords than I care to think about on which setup will work for fuel.....good idea.

Who was ignoring anyone? And only the tank will likely be ford it's a chevy motor so ?????

And I replied with what advantage there was going with one company over another as the setup appears to be almost identical and prices very similar. My turbo kit will be from on3 so I have not been convinced that their fuel setup is also not the way to go was all.

Any I will be goin to Brian when it is said and done for my tune so I do grately value his opinion on the fuel setup , not that other options obviously won't be looked Into

whoever you buy injectors from just make sure you find people who are successfully running e85 without them fucking up... Big injectors are not all equal even the big price tag ones.. been there done that. On a stock PCM youll need high imp ones unless brian does not care you running a driver on some low imp ones. That will be your biggest hurdle

FIC 160s were the shittiest injector ever... Brian initially had trouble getting them to idle and they also warrantied two sets for me and then told me that they would give me a set of bosch as soon as they were released. I sold the 2nd set they warrantied and ran far away from FIC

FIC 160s were the shittiest injector ever... Brian initially had trouble getting them to idle and they also warrantied two sets for me and then told me that they would give me a set of bosch as soon as they were released. I sold the 2nd set they warrantied and ran far away from FIC

Good to know I have herd this is where to go. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on any yet. What ones do you run?

precision 160s they have been good to me. The FIC ones are modified CNG injectors and have an oring inside that does not jive with ethanol

from what I can tell They dont make these anymore from their site?

jp- I dont have any inkectors yet at all.

the cng ones from fic were high imp... mine currently are low imp. Probably one of the best perks of aftermarket managment is running whatever injector you want without a separate driver.

Yeah that's why I asked- figured you were low. I want to stick with the OE Computer as long as possible.

good to know though