knee doctor recommendation

10phone2

I'm at the point that I am tired of dealing with set backs. My right knee isn't super swollen or that I can't walk on it without a slight limp. On and off since 2002, anytime I consistently do plyometrics in combination with any type of strengthening conditioning two times a day, I can feel a pull behind my knee cap and I can no longer push off it without being in considerable pain. In the past I would ignore it until I could barely pull my foot off the ground, this time around I would like to see a doctor to see if my knee needs to be cleaned out or if I have a slight tear that needs surgery. I know that if I keep pushing it, I will end up to the point that I cant do sprints or sudden push. Can anyone recommend a doctor who specializes in knee injuries so I can finally get a handle on the injury in columbus?

The frustrating part is the 1st time since I felt that my body was back to normal years ago, I felt the pain come back and I'm back to square one.

I was in that business for 16 years in ohio, I have been in surgery with most if them. Where do you live? East side, west side? Who have you seen in the past?

I am in the Gahanna area. I have not seen a knee doctor in the past. There was a point that I couldn't jump without pain for awhile. I just attributed it to being on the tennis court 3-8+ hours a day teaching lessons and never followed up on it due to still being able to be on court.

Thanks for the replies. I have to speak to my insurance folks at work to see what all they will cover

it sounds like you have anterior knee pain---chondromalacia patella. very common, NON-SURGICAL condition i see on a daily basis. aggravated by crouching, squatting, jumping (plyometrics), etc etc. its impossible to tell for sure without examining you, and getting xrays. but it is treated non-surgically. avoid aggravating activities, strengthen your quad through isometric, short arc exercises, take an anti-inflammatory for a couple weeks, and it should improve.

i don't know how old you are, but without a clear-cut injury, or mechanical symptoms of locking/or buckling, i would NOT recommend a knee scope. that being said, you can see any of the physicians listed above. i like bob steensen of ortho one. he is conservative---he's not going to look for an excuse to operate if he feels you will not benefit from it. many patients (and surgeons) wrongfully believe if the MRI shows any abnormality, that it can be fixed with a knee scope.

good luck

I like bob steensen of ortho one. he is conservative---he's not going to look for an excuse to operate if he feels you will not benefit from it.

I saw 2 doctors and chose Dr. Steensen for my ACL surgery. My dad also had knee replacement surgery done by him. We are both very happy with our outcomes!