A video about 400West Rich: The Revitalization of Franklinton

mrs.cos

When i give out my studio address, i know some people are a little leery about the location but once they get there and i show them around they are always in awe of what all we have built down here. Some people in the building. Ive been here about a year now, and love it. The community, the ever happening improvements of the building and its innards. There is now a brewery that moved in and completely revamped a building across the street.

Its just a great movement happening down there.

Great little Documentary about the building and what all we have.

http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/382568/gentrification-without-the-negative-in-columbus-ohio/

My studio is in 400WestRich which has StrongWater Event Center, popup Coffee Shop, arieal artist, farmers markets winter and summer, art shows..

400 W Rich Street in East Franklinton began a new chapter when it opened it’s doors to local artists on July 1, 2011. Twelve studios and a handful of adventurous tenants served as the beginning steps for transforming this former industrial, manufacturing warehouse into a dynamic, multi-functional arts complex, located within walking distance of downtown Columbus. 400 has since grown to become a home away from home to over 100 Columbus based artists, craftsman, designers and performers. The building functions an all inclusive, artistic community in the heart of East Franklinton and offers not only studio space but a place for the creative class to meet, network, collaborate, brainstorm and do what they do best…create.

The Idea Foundry just moved in as well

What is the

Columbus Idea Foundry?

The Columbus Idea Foundry is Ohio's premier Makerspace. We're a community workshop, learning center, and creative space.

We provide training on and access to tools and technology from the conventional to the high-tech. CIF members can use our tools for their business, artistry, and hobbies.

Our community is diverse, open, and friendly. We are entrepreneurs, fabricators, inventors, prototypers, designers, craftsmen, artisans & artists.

Land Grant Brewery just moved in across the street too!

Drive through Franklinton every day...been to Rehab and Strongwater...great vibe in a really unique part of town. Definitely a lot going for it! :thumbup:

If you ever have an open house for CR, would be happy to stop by and also grab some drinks at SW. Just can't be on a Monday. :D

Dope vid. I miss Columbus; A LOT.

Have always loved the older abandoned warehouses. Always kind of wanted to convert a section of one into a living space. When I was much younger, some friends and I would go out and explore abandoned warehouses around columbus, and those experiences make up some of my best memories. In retrospect some of the exploration was pretty dangerous, but was awesome nonetheless. Great to see what's going on in that building and in the surrounding area.