Mustang GT350 vs. Cadillac ATS-V vs. Camaro Z/28 vs. Hellcat

zeitgeist57

For $70k, I'd take...  

68 members have voted

1. 1. For $70k, I'd take...

• GT350. Because a flat-plane crank'd V8 at 8000rpms never gets old.
    • ATS-V. Gut the exhaust, tune it for 6xxhp and go hunting in comfort.
    • Camaro Z/28: Pirelli Trofeo's wear out after one track day? Who cares...did you see my lap time?!?
    • Callenger Hellcat: 707hp. And a stick. I don't care if the door panels pop off after 20k miles...
    • Cleetus on snows.

It's cold as brass balls outside...and since I'm not actively looking at buying a new car anytime soon, it's TIME TO BENCHRACE!

Figuring all of these street/track beasts will be comparably priced, which avenue would you go? N/A 500hp V8, or twin-turbo 450hp V6? Shelby/Mustang racing history, or Cadillac M3-fighter? Camaro that's tuned for the track first? HELLCAT OF FURY?!?!? You decide...

BTW, if this poll doesn't make you realize it's a great day to be a car guy in 'Murica, time to move to N. Korea you commie basterd...

Sunny and 72 degrees here, glorious driving weather!!:fuckyeah:

Had to go with the GT350, Camaro is still a fat pig you can't see out of and wouldn't want to be seen in it as well. Caddy sounds like a 3000GT with an exhaust.....:lolguy: Hellcat would be my 2nd choice.

cleetus, because i really don't care much about the rest of those. as a ford fanboy, the GT350 is cool, but it definitely won't be $70k, and i'd rather wait for them to pull the sheet off the GT350R that will be $70k. carbon fiber wheels, carbon-ceramics, less weight, and some other goods that we don't for sure know about yet(oh yea, and sport cups vs the super sports).

I'll take the atsv. Pretty fun to drive now. Can't wait to work on/drive an ats-v. Z28 should be interesting. Driven several zl1's now and while they have power and are fast they've lost a lot of the fun factor the 4th Gens had.

I just got done telling a friend of mine who is a Mustang fan that this GT350 is the first one that has me drooling, and that with the ATSV, Hellcat, and Z06 it's a great time to collect cars if you're sitting on a pile of cash.

Personally, I must be getting old because I want something extremely fast and streetable. This would lead me to the Hellcat and the ATS. I've driven a 3.6L ATS and was impressed with the dynamics, but the CUE is awful compared to UCONNECT. Also, the ATS is too small for me to use as a family car. The Hellcat Charger would be my choice, although the GT350 would be close if I didn't have to consider the kids.