Anyone here own a 50bmg gun?

Diamonds

I do believe that you can create/modify different BC's with reloading.

BC are tested and derived in a specific set of conditions. They are property of the bullet dynamics, and those alone. When you work with ballistic models, they eat the BCs as an input, and "true" the output in your current conditions. BCs are not a static number, they're a dynamic variable. This is an in-flight rating of a bullet - whatever happens before it - isn't accounted for. Whatever length barrel, whatever twist, whatever rifling will not raise or lower a BC.

Bryan Litz's books are a great resource in long range precision/high power rifle. Compared to most books on projectiles, it is an easy read yet credible. (Litz is the fucking man)

http://www.amazon.com/Applied-Ballistics-Long-Range-Shooting-Understanding-ebook/dp/B00KRJXVZU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1416610887&sr=8-4&keywords=bryan+litz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC are tested and derived in a specific set of conditions. They are property of the bullet dynamics, and those alone. When you work with ballistic models, they eat the BCs as an input, and "true" the output in your current conditions. BCs are not a static number, they're a dynamic variable. This is an in-flight rating of a bullet - whatever happens before it - isn't accounted for. Whatever length barrel, whatever twist, whatever rifling will not raise or lower a BC.

Bryan Litz's books are a great resource in long range precision/high power rifle. Compared to most books on projectiles, it is an easy read yet credible. (Litz is the fucking man)

http://www.amazon.com/Applied-Ballistics-Long-Range-Shooting-Understanding-ebook/dp/B00KRJXVZU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1416610887&sr=8-4&keywords=bryan+litz

I do use his g7 drag model on my calc, thumbs up!!

If you want accuracy, be prepared to spend big coin. If you want big booms then there are plenty of alternatives. I'd love a nice McMillan myself but I think I'm going to opt for a state arms. Good balance of cost and accuracy. I just can't find an ffl worth a shit near me.

If you want accuracy, be prepared to spend big coin. If you want big booms then there are plenty of alternatives. I'd love a nice McMillan myself but I think I'm going to opt for a state arms. Good balance of cost and accuracy. I just can't find an ffl worth a shit near me.

Yeah, I guess match ammo is 7-10. Maybe I'll look for a decent 338lm. Though, that EDM windrunner is calling my name!!

The FCP and P are the same minus the chassis, which I plan on changing.

Bob was able to help me locate a P locally and got it for a deal and I couldn't say no.

It's a wierd feeling buyin a gun on the phone while in Mexico City trudging through the city for work.

I'll pressure him into that. And, the eventual/inevitable machine gun.

The day grant kicks out the coin for a 50 and a MG Ill trade my 2 nice cars in for the 458 I talk about always. Call my bluff Grant

I just had some toys approved and should have the good ones back around Feb. I need to get out and shoot with you all sometime

The FCP and P are the same minus the chassis, which I plan on changing.

Bob was able to help me locate a P locally and got it for a deal and I couldn't say no.

It's a wierd feeling buyin a gun on the phone while in Mexico City trudging through the city for work.

And a 20moa base on the quick!!!

I don't have any experience with it and not really common in the mid-west high power circles. From first glance I can say two things; it's expensive if you don't reload and it has pretty good BC's on paper. I would say box 750gr AMAX 50 would serve you better. Most of the guys average 1-2ish groups @ 100yds on M33/API from bolt 50s.

Calcification of the achillies tendon with haglunds deformity.

(In laymans terms, a big fucking bone spur on the heel growing through the achillies tendon causing severe pain. The spur was removed and the heel bone reshaped to prevent the tendon from rupturing.)

It got so bad I couldn't stand or walk and the tendon was in very bad shape. The doc was afraid it was going to rupture so he said "it's time" and he cut that bitch up. I can say, aside from the surgical pain, it already feels way WAY better but I'll know more when I'm allowed to walk again.

I'm trying to decide if I want to beg someone to go look at this 50 for me, beg the wife to take me there to look or just let it go and buy what I really want later down the road.