Anyone here own a 50bmg gun?

Diamonds

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surplus .50 is on the way out the door. You think .223 surplus is hard to find...wait until you try with .50. You will get lucky now and again finding it. 6.xx is still rough cost per round no matter how you slice it.

Not busting your balls...I supported your buy. I still want to shoot it. Been since I was in the Corps that I had a chance to fire one.

You still need to post pics.

Todd/Dale have a $15 transfer fee. No mater what you buy, or where you buy it. I know Todd very well and he will treat you right.

Todd Bogner over on Ohio Riders "MidgetTodd" has an FFL and does pretty much nothing but transfers. He used to be over at DeltaEpsilon. Super good dude that will work with you on anything. Class III FFL as well.

If they aren't up by me, doesn't do me any good. I'm not in cbus.

50bmg is 2.75 for surplus and 6.50 for match ammo.

Plus, tracking point is 308... At 2.xx per round...

You can get milsurp under $2/rd but it's rare. Plus it typically sells in higher volume so most don't want to drop the coin for it all at once. Many opt to just reload due to cost.

Surplus .50 is on the way out the door. You think .223 surplus is hard to find...wait until you try with .50. You will get lucky now and again finding it. 6.xx is still rough cost per round no matter how you slice it.

Not busting your balls...I supported your buy. I still want to shoot it. Been since I was in the Corps that I had a chance to fire one.

You still need to post pics.

I do not follow your reasoning of "6 bucks no matter how you slice it". Do you even slickguns bro?

Edited by Diamonds

Gilbot, dale is out east.

Where at, I'm near Youngstown so if he's reasonably close that'd be perfect.

how much do I have to buy to get that price?

When I used to buy it was around 1000 rounds minimum iirc. I have seen people dip under $2/rd for any number of rounds though, it really depends on the seller, their stock and how bad they want to unload it. If I run across any again, I'll let you know. I'm half tempted to buy some myself just to force me into a gun purchase. :gabe:

Todd Bogner over on Ohio Riders "MidgetTodd" has an FFL and does pretty much nothing but transfers. He used to be over at DeltaEpsilon. Super good dude that will work with you on anything. Class III FFL as well.

Todd/Dale have a $15 transfer fee. No mater what you buy, or where you buy it. I know Todd very well and he will treat you right.

Either of you have contact info for him like an email? Or if you want you can shoot him a message with my info if that would be easier.

When I used to buy it was around 1000 rounds minimum iirc. I have seen people dip under $2/rd for any number of rounds though, it really depends on the seller, their stock and how bad they want to unload it. If I run across any again, I'll let you know. I'm half tempted to buy some myself just to force me into a gun purchase. :gabe:

I like that, we should split a big order!

Either of you have contact info for him like an email? Or if you want you can shoot him a message with my info if that would be easier.

From Youngstown area, they are still pretty far from you. They are only East of Columbus by 30 minutes. I'll PM you Todd's number and you can decide for yourself.

I like that, we should split a big order!

I keep my eyes open for people who have leftover ammo after selling their guns. I've passed on a few buys on ammo but now I think I'll jump regardless. If I see anything real good though I'll kick it your way. I mistakenly assumed after my 50 thread went so south that the 50 on here was an excuse for ridicule, my bad. Didn't realize there were actual MOTHERFUCKIN AMERICA YEAH 50 GUN fans on here. :lolguy:

From Youngstown area, they are still pretty far from you. They are only East of Columbus by 30 minutes. I'll PM you Todd's number and you can decide for yourself.

Yeah, I do get to zville every now and then so if we can work something out it would be cool to have a trusted name, otherwise I'll keep looking up here. Unfortunately I'm at a loss where to look other than the gunbroker ffl finder. Most of the "ranges" around me are all run by the same peckerheads that run the shithole gun shops. Sometimes being in bfe has its downsides.

I keep my eyes open for people who have leftover ammo after selling their guns. I've passed on a few buys on ammo but now I think I'll jump regardless. If I see anything real good though I'll kick it your way. I mistakenly assumed after my 50 thread went so south that the 50 on here was an excuse for ridicule, my bad. Didn't realize there were actual MOTHERFUCKIN AMERICA YEAH 50 GUN fans on here. :lolguy:

Yeah, that sounds great! let me know how much quantity hypothetically someone would have to buy to get it for sub-2.00 in your opinion.

Here's the gun BTW.

10806495_10102958728107184_8087852284350623286_n.jpg?oh=ad80edfbc9919300eb9636aaba1d82b9&oe=551B35A8&__gda__=1426857029_bed08b6a50edf6a2507b331a309894c1

BUT, I think I am going to buy the forend conversion to get the bipod out further... what do you think? Should I do this? (the only downside is that the gun won't break down into the small case it comes in).

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/andrewearthur/WINDRUNNER.jpg