Anyone here own a 50bmg gun?

Diamonds

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what all is included but it's under $2000 for the "package" of gun, ammo and scope. I want to assess the condition though before I make him an offer. From the pics, I think he's a little optimistic on the condition and the scope looks to be lackluster so I'd probably opt to skip the scope. He says he has ammo as well and said something about $0.50 per bullet which I also find suspicious. Overall I was thinking closer to $1000 with ammo but no scope, but that really depends on the gun itself. It may not even be something i'd consider buying if the condition is what I expect, not what he describes. There are also a few variations on the manufacturer's design and it it's an early style, I'm not at all interested in it. It's a single shot shell holder but they were notorious for a weak bolt design initially.

I bought a gun Tuesday! I was just Tryna help a brother out!!!

I appreciate the offer very much, but I think i've looked at this gun once before and if it's the one I think it is, I don't want to waste anyone's time. ;) He's not gonna like my offer is all i'll say.

Much thanks to Bob! He helped me out with my $1,000, 1,000 yard build. I came in under $1,000 too!

Savage Model 10p in .308 - 20in threaded barrel - 5R rifling

Primary Arms 4-14X44 FFP Scope with ACSS HUD DMR

20moa aluminum base

Blackhawk Bi-pod

Silenerco QD .308 muzzle break (for when I add the can :masturboy: )

Heres some pics.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/oh8ti/62F3A962-1AFF-4D91-8B91-14D505B56B45_zpsxuq2aqmg.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/oh8ti/4E707325-1E0F-4996-B6DE-044564188E60_zpscjrwjmcv.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/oh8ti/EAC6CD2E-D4B7-4F3A-8831-D1492F1C2C29_zpslgecfumi.jpg

Very nice. I'm planning on doing a couple other builds after I get my 50 back. I doubt the 50 will see a lot of use but it's one of the toys I should have never let go so I just want it back now that I can. I just keep going back and forth with the one that's cheap and the one I really want.

I have shit that gun! Can't beat it for the money! Should be able to get one for about 1400-1500 used!

Maybe but the ffls around here are shady. Last guy I tried to go through told me $20 then I placed the order, and gave the m his info. the item went on back order (lucky for me) but after a few days the guy came back and said $100 not knowing the order was delayed. Luckily I could cancel and told him to piss off.

The other ffls I've found all run mom and pop gun shops and are shady as shit trying to bully you into their junk instead of buying online. One was trying to sell me a Walter p22 for "a steal" at $600. When I scoffed and told him no thanks I was gonna order one online cheaper, he just refused to deal with me thinking I didn't know shit. When I pulled one up online for $230 he told me to get out of his store. Seems like all the places here only care about ripping people off or they are just too busy to bother.

Also, as a note. Here are some338 guns I found at good prices

Armalite ar30 - 1900

Savage 10fcp - 1160

Also, whatever you buy for your next long gun purchase you should have it shipped to an FFL in Columbus and we can meet and make a shooting day out of it.

Is the 50 first on the list ? Why not just get the Noreen or the armalite based on your budget?

Don't want a Noreen, the armalite isn't bad and if I found a great deal I'd have one. I've been curious about the safety harbor, heard decent things but then I hear bad things. Can't decide. I really want to order a state arms but then my inner cheap ass takes over. http://statearms.com/rifles/

I had a Barrett, nice gun but wasn't extremely accurate. If I found another for a great deal I'd pick it up. I'd probably rank it with the armalite. If budget wasn't a concern, it would be a one off McMillan for sure.

My budget changes constantly, I'm more of a buyer of opportunity. I want to add the 50 first, but until I run across the one deal I can't say no to, I just keep looking and kicking tires. Usually I'll set aside funds for a gun deal and something else comes in, like an atv or whatever. I get distracted easily, plus since I'm unable to move until January, guns aren't high on my list right now since I won't be able to do anything with them for a while.

EDIT: forgot to add that I work an extremely high amount of hours in a week, so most things become mantle displays for me. That's why I'd prefer a budget 50 over a good one. They are nice and fun as hell to shoot but most of the time it would sit. I'm more banking things for when work slows down or I retire.

Don't want a Noreen, the armalite isn't bad and if I found a great deal I'd have one. I've been curious about the safety harbor, heard decent things but then I hear bad things. Can't decide. I really want to order a state arms but then my inner cheap ass takes over. http://statearms.com/rifles/

I had a Barrett, nice gun but wasn't extremely accurate. If I found another for a great deal I'd pick it up. I'd probably rank it with the armalite. If budget wasn't a concern, it would be a one off McMillan for sure.

My budget changes constantly, I'm more of a buyer of opportunity. I want to add the 50 first, but until I run across the one deal I can't say no to, I just keep looking and kicking tires. Usually I'll set aside funds for a gun deal and something else comes in, like an atv or whatever. I get distracted easily, plus since I'm unable to move until January, guns aren't high on my list right now since I won't be able to do anything with them for a while.

EDIT: forgot to add that I work an extremely high amount of hours in a week, so most things become mantle displays for me. That's why I'd prefer a budget 50 over a good one. They are nice and fun as hell to shoot but most of the time it would sit. I'm more banking things for when work slows down or I retire.

I am the same way. I buy guns only when they fit the "wow that's a steal" price. That way Im able to get out of them easily if I need to. Some people I know are the "I will own every gun that I buy forever". I have no allegiance to any of my guns... except one.

I plan on keeping what I buy, but I also know money talks. I'll never turn down the chance for a good flip so I can upgrade myself. ;-)

My current want list in no real order:

50 Bmg

110ba in 338lm

22lr pistol

380 hi point

45 hi point

Nice Shotty

I was gonna grab a couple from gunbroker but my ffl flaked again. I'm also debating on the Walter p22 from palmetto for 239 but once again, no ffl leaves me screwed. I've been trying to do everything ftf but most people are retarded with prices asking more than retail for nearly everything.

I plan on keeping what I buy, but I also know money talks. I'll never turn down the chance for a good flip so I can upgrade myself. ;-)

50 Bmg

110ba in 338lm

22lr pistol

380 hi point

45 hi point

Nice Shotty

I was gonna grab a couple from gunbroker but my ffl flaked again. I'm also debating on the Walter p22 from palmetto for 239 but once again, no ffl leaves me screwed. I've been trying to do everything ftf but most people are retarded with prices asking more than retail for nearly everything.

that's a very diverse list of firearms. I hope you find what you are looking for in a 50. My vote is the armalite single shot. I have shot one, super nice quality.

Excited to join the 50-crew. The gun I bought should be at my FFL tomorrow!

I've shot most of the 50s out there so far sans the safety harbor. I used to be part of a long range team when I was out in the Montana/Washington/Idaho area. It was fun going out all the time shooting long range. Everyone was super cool and we would all take turns on each other's rigs just to give feedback and get a feel for everything out there. It was nice to get a fresh set of eyes on your own rig because people would point out dumb stuff you would overlook. The only rig that I didn't have faith in was an original Bohica. It wasn't bad, but it really wasn't up to a "50 standard" as I'd call it. Most 50 stuff is over-engineered but the original Bohica was just barely engineered enough. That's pretty much the same as the early Vulcan too.

Most give me shit when it comes to the hi points. I like the underdog though, and for the price they are tough to beat really. I figure, for as much as I shoot and for their cost, if i screw it up I can scrap it. The Walter p22 is mainly because it's cheap and I want a pinker. That's the cheapest decent plunked I've seen, so if there's a better one out there, I'm all ears. I wouldn't mind a Phoenix hp22 but I just am not a big fan of the look of it.

As for the Shotty, everyone should have one, right? ;-) my brother keeps badgering me about an AR but I just don't get the big deal with em. I may grab one if I see a deal, but they really aren't on my list because I just don't get the appeal.

50 Bmg

110ba in 338lm

22lr pistol

380 hi point

45 hi point

Nice Shotty

Todd Bogner over on Ohio Riders "MidgetTodd" has an FFL and does pretty much nothing but transfers. He used to be over at DeltaEpsilon. Super good dude that will work with you on anything. Class III FFL as well.

Much thanks to Bob! He helped me out with my $1,000, 1,000 yard build. I came in under $1,000 too!

Savage Model 10p in .308 - 20in threaded barrel - 5R rifling

Primary Arms 4-14X44 FFP Scope with ACSS HUD DMR

20moa aluminum base

Blackhawk Bi-pod

Silenerco QD .308 muzzle break (for when I add the can :masturboy: )

Heres some pics.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/oh8ti/62F3A962-1AFF-4D91-8B91-14D505B56B45_zpsxuq2aqmg.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/oh8ti/4E707325-1E0F-4996-B6DE-044564188E60_zpscjrwjmcv.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/oh8ti/EAC6CD2E-D4B7-4F3A-8831-D1492F1C2C29_zpslgecfumi.jpg

No .50 BMG NO CARE. :gabe: