1985 Citation X-11

blue98ls1

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/edx3-2.jpg

http://eddytheb.com/finished-projects/1985-chevy-citation-x-11/?pid=1361

The car’s odometer reads 26,377 miles. The title reads 29,117 miles. The odometer has been exceeded. The car went through a restoration about 2-3 years ago and photos of that restoration can be seen at the above link. 2.8 Multi-port 6-cylinder motor. Automatic transmission.

Only 1,687 of these were made for the 1985 model year. The 1985 Citation X-11 received a few improvements for what would be the last year of production.

This car was donated to Goodwill Columbus and will be sold at the Thursday December 4th, 2014 auction, beginning at 10:00AM.

This car will be the third car in the auction, you can arrive as early as 8:30 to register, and you will need a $100 cash deposit to register. The $100 will be refunded if you do not purchase a vehicle in this auction.

This car does need starting fluid to start, but runs after that. If you are interested it is highly recommended you attend the preview day to see the car.

Goodwill Columbus Auto Auction has preview day for this auction on Wednesday December 3rd, 2014, from 10AM-4PM.

Goodwill Columbus is a non-profit organization.

Goodwill Columbus Auto Auction Information

http://www.goodwillcolumbus.org/shop/buy-a-vehicle/view-inventory/

On auction day, you will need a $100 cash deposit as well as a Drivers License or a State issued ID and you must be 18 years of age or older to bid on and purchase vehicles. The deposit is refundable if you are unable to successfully bid and purchase a vehicle in the auction. If you are a winning bidder, the $100 will be applied to the balance owed, which is due within 1 hour after the final vehicle is auctioned off. Winning bidders who fail to complete the purchase will lose their $100 and be banned from our auction for a period of no less than 6 months.

Additional Fees:

$15.00 Processing Fee

$16.00 Title Fee

$18.50 Temporary Tag Fee

And of course, Sales Tax determined by the price of the vehicle and county in which you reside.

Currently, forms of payment include: Master Card/Visa/American Express/Discover and Cash.

Our auctions are open to anybody wishing to participate as long as the above conditions are met. You must be present at the auction.

Our auction is located at 666 S. Nelson Rd. Columbus, Ohio 43205, which is between E. Main St. & E. Livingston Ave.

*** NOTE - I am in no way affiliated with Goodwill, a good friend of mine that works there has asked me to pass along this cars information as it has a lot of potential. Please go see it on preview day and direct any questions you may have to them. Thanks.***

I've never seen one of those before. Did some research and evidently they had some history in rallycross as well as being Motor Trend's car of the year in 1980. After some issues started popping up, Chevy fixed everything in 1985 and renamed it the Citation II with the X-11 being the performance package (130hp/150tq, stabilizer bars, suspension, etc.). Obviously nothing to write home about by today's standards but they have some cool history I guess.

I learned how to drive in a stick shift in one of these. They bunny-hopped like a mofo. :o

Me too! My dad bought one brand new in 1980; an X-11 notch 4-speed. It was pretty old by the time I got my license, but he drove that thing to almost 300,000 miles.

Fun Fact: The banner in the "CITATION" logo is the Canadian flag for their home market.

I'd be amazed if this thing gets more than $7500 at auction...

?????

Maybe you meant to type $2500????

They are neat, but not really collectable - and then you have to see the VOA Auction crowd......

?????

Maybe you meant to type $2500????

I was being nice.

I could see some wack-a-doodle paying $4k-5k for it, but I have to believe the shop would be out way more than $8k in parts and labor for a "full restoration"...even on a relatively simple car like an '80s GM FWD econobox.

Even easier to LS swap....Although Ive yet to see a LS Swapped Chevette.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://chevette-forum.freeforums.net/thread/33/junky-80s-turbo-ls-chevette

It's not even the first one I have seen, just the first one that came up in a google search. I saw a white one in person at Goodguys 2013.

It's nice to know I am not the only one who stalks the Goodwill auto auctions. they get interesting motorcycles from time to time.