Dash cam review

Rocky31186

After have a lot of instances where a dash cam would come in handy I decided to pick one up. After doing some research I found good reviews on this. WickedHD G1W 1080p dash cam sold by FOSCAM. (There are cheap knock off G1W cameras but they have had bad reviews, so I would only buy this brand)

http://www.amazon.com/WickedHD-Nightvision-Detection-Viewing-1920x1080/dp/B00MYHOD5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417467587&sr=8-1&keywords=wickedhd

Pro's

- It starts recording when ignition is on (if wired to ignition 12v outlet)

- 1080p @30fps OR 720 @60fps

- Fairly small, can hardly see it from outside

- The power cord they give you is plenty long enough to go down pillar and behind dash

- Can view license plates clear

- Can wire into constant 12v power and it will record anytime it sees movement (Parked in street and a car sideswipes you and keeps going, it will record the vehicle)

Con's

- Records in .MOV I dont have a video editor that will edit MOV. So I have to load to youtube then trim.

- display stays on anytime it is recording

Here are a couple compressed images from 720 resolution

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/rocky31186/dashcam3_zpsf668bcd8.jpg

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/rocky31186/DashCam_zps84e6717e.jpg

Will add video in a few.

TLDR: WickedHD G1W Is a great camera for the price.

Edited by Rocky31186

Ever worry about a dashcam working against you? I would consider myself more of an 'offensive' driver than most, which is why i'm tentative to get one. If someone saw your dash cam from an accident, can they subpoena it for court?

Ever worry about a dashcam working against you? I would consider myself more of an 'offensive' driver than most, which is why i'm tentative to get one. If someone saw your dash cam from an accident, can they subpoena it for court?

My CR legal opinion says 'yes'

Quit driving like an asshole, jerk! haha

Also, is it just me or does that dashcam video automatically make you feel like your watching russian footage, now?

I'm guessing the SD card would come up "damaged".

If you follow the laws and drive like you should, you have nothing to worry about.

Quit driving like an asshole, jerk! haha

Also, is it just me or does that dashcam video automatically make you feel like your watching russian footage, now?

I already have had 4 people pull out in front of me or cut me off. Also a person crossed the road not at a crosswalk and I almost hit them.

Handbrake should convert .Mov files if im not mistaken.

^

I have a crappy little camera that records in some non-standard version of MOV and Handbrake is about the only thing that easily converts it to a usable format.