Anyone have experience with Cheby Volts???

BigOxley

The interesting thing Cordell mentioned is that the 12V battery powers all modules and accessories. If your 12V battery gets drained the car is a brick, even if you have a full charge on the drive battery. One time I shut the car off and went in the house for the night, but something in the car must have not shut down because the 12V was dead in the morning. I had to jump start it.

I was watching some business news yesterday. They said that more fuel efficient car sales are down for November. Prius sales were down 13% and Volt sales were down 30%. Dealers might be willing to work.

We have a half dozen on the lot that aren't selling, I'm sure anyone would be willing to play ball dealing with them.

I was watching some business news yesterday. They said that more fuel efficient car sales are down for November. Prius sales were down 13% and Volt sales were down 30%. Dealers might be willing to work.

Crude is crazy cheap. OPEC has claimed that they will NOT defend oil prices. Gas is getting cheaper. The "green" economy is suffering at the hands of the "actual" economy right now.

However, that probably makes now a good time to shop for these things.

My father has always said nickles and dimes add up to dollars, so even though gas is cheap you can still save money if your daily commute doesn't require you to fill up more than once a month. It may not be as much money as before but it's still something and that is money you can put into the tank of a 6-10mpg play car.

I had this thought this morning - you know what the volt will tell you most about yourself? how useful a tesla would be for you. How? track how often the gas engine kicks in while you drive and know that each time that would be a time when your Tesla might become useless to you because it is out of juice. It's not an exact 1:1 but each time it happens ask yourself how essential is this "run I need to make"? "Could I forgo this trip to run home and charge my car?"

Gas is so crappy these days (high ethanol content, shelf life of a banana) that I'd worry about buildup of water/corrosion from the gas not being used.

Any concerns around that?

The gas tank is sealed and premium is required.

Gas is so crappy these days (high ethanol content, shelf life of a banana) that I'd worry about buildup of water/corrosion from the gas not being used.

Any concerns around that?

The car monitors how long the gas has been in the car so even if you never need the gas it'll still run the engine to burn it. It's not a drastic function, but there are a few reasons it runs the gas engine other then just as a generator.

My father has always said nickles and dimes add up to dollars, so even though gas is cheap you can still save money if your daily commute doesn't require you to fill up more than once a month. It may not be as much money as before but it's still something and that is money you can put into the tank of a 6-10mpg play car.

I had this thought this morning - you know what the volt will tell you most about yourself? how useful a tesla would be for you. How? track how often the gas engine kicks in while you drive and know that each time that would be a time when your Tesla might become useless to you because it is out of juice. It's not an exact 1:1 but each time it happens ask yourself how essential is this "run I need to make"? "Could I forgo this trip to run home and charge my car?"

my daily commute is +/-34 miles, right at the all-electric range... i'm not sure if there is an outlet i can use at work?

the only other place i NEED to go is my Guard base on my drill weekends once a month. Guard base is 100 miles round trip to my house, again not sure if there is an outlet i can use at my base.

Crude is crazy cheap. OPEC has claimed that they will NOT defend oil prices. Gas is getting cheaper. The "green" economy is suffering at the hands of the "actual" economy right now.

Loving the cheap gas right now. So many high performance car in the market right now

my daily commute is +/-34 miles, right at the all-electric range... i'm not sure if there is an outlet i can use at work?

the only other place i NEED to go is my Guard base on my drill weekends once a month. Guard base is 100 miles round trip to my house, again not sure if there is an outlet i can use at my base.

If it's surface streets with a max speed of 45-50 mph you will be ok in summer, but not in the winter. If you drive on the freeway you'll have to have a plug at work if you want to stay all EV.

Buy low sell high

Now is the time to make the move since all the other sheeple are like DERP GAS IS CHEAP, SUV ALL THE WAY. In a few months when gas shoots back up everyone will be pissed again and hybrids will skyrocket.

The basics:

Summer months runs great gets good mileage.

Winter time:

Sucks in snow

My heat half works and sometimes not at all(been in the dealer twice for the same thing)

My Electric mileage gas went from 40 to 23 and I'm averaging 25mpg running on gas.

Worst car I have ever owned. I would rather drive a 1G DSM around then this car and that's saying a lot LOL.

The basics:

Summer months runs great gets good mileage.

Winter time:

Sucks in snow

My heat half works and sometimes not at all(been in the dealer twice for the same thing)

My Electric mileage gas went from 40 to 23 and I'm averaging 25mpg running on gas.

Worst car I have ever owned. I would rather drive a 1G DSM around then this car and that's saying a lot LOL.

Haha, wow. I know you're just one experience, but you confirmed all my fears.

I figured gas-only would be in the 30s mpg-wise at least, maybe 40s highway. 25 combined is unacceptable IMO.

Haha, wow. I know you're just one experience, but you confirmed all my fears.

I figured gas-only would be in the 30s mpg-wise at least, maybe 40s highway. 25 combined is unacceptable IMO.

It's funny during my research I found no info about any of this until I asked and then a million other people did the same thing. The first snow we got I drove it which I have a 40 mile commute on the highway. I didn't get 4 miles down the road I turned around and went back home and we only had maybe 2 inches on the road. Oh and heavy rain is another good time. I don't know if the shitty max mpg goodyears on it may have something to do with it or not but man does it hydroplane in a good monsoon. It takes a lot to scare me and this car does so I refused to drive it anytime they were calling for rain in the summer.

Back in the summer I could make it to work on a full charge it was really nice. But as soon as the temp hit the 40-50's is when I lost all my charge. And the higher you run the heat and fan speed and even the heated seats the more battery you use. I averaged 23-26 miles out of a charge and which I started running on gas more like I said above and was getting 25mpg was the lowest I seen. It's parked and I'm not driving it till it gets traded in. Luckily I have a Honda Pilot also and I drive that all the time. 223,000 miles and don't have to fear the heat never working in it or any of the other stupid things I would have to worry about in the Volt.

Plain and simple this car isn't meant for our climate.