New fastest import in the US

ImUrOBGYN

When cars look like that, I don't consider them domestic or import any longer. They're just racecars.

+1

Put a ford mustang sticker on it, and it's now the fastest mustang in the us. Or could easily change it over to be the fastest camaro, or even dodge

When cars look like that, I don't consider them domestic or import any longer. They're just racecars.

+1

Put a ford mustang sticker on it, and it's now the fastest mustang in the us. Or could easily change it over to be the fastest camaro, or even dodge

Mr. Bravo, I do agree with you if you still wanted to call it a Lexus or even a Supra. It is, however, an import built with Toyota parts or made-for Toyota parts, plus aftermarket shit, of course.

Kirk... :rolleyes: That's a ridiculous statement partially explained by my reply to Johnny above. I think you may've exaggerated a bit in a futile effort to prove your misguided point. :p Maybe, I could agree with you if it were powered by a mustang motor or even a domestic of some kind. If nothing else, the heart of the beast is a 2JZ, an imported Japanese motor. No dingoes or coyotes. ;)

:eek::D:confused::burn::eek2::marc:

Anyway, I see what you mean but it's just not as relevant in this case.

Edited by ImUrOBGYN
Needed more smilies

Mr. Bravo, I do agree with you if you still wanted to call it a Lexus or even a Supra. It is, however, an import built with Toyota parts or made-for Toyota parts, plus aftermarket shit, of course.

Kirk... :rolleyes: That's a ridiculous statement partially explained by my reply to Johnny above. I think you may've exaggerated a bit in a futile effort to prove your misguided point. :p Maybe, I could agree with you if it were powered by a mustang motor or even a domestic of some kind. If nothing else, the heart of the beast is a 2JZ, an imported Japanese motor. No dingoes or coyotes. ;)

Easy bro. Didn't mean to be disrespectful. I was just commenting that the stickers are quite helpful. When the car needs maintenance you can use the stickers to remind yourself what the car actually is when you stop at the local vatozone for break pads or wiper blades.

Cliffs: its a race car with a toyota engine.

Overuse of Smilies: -20 points

Improper Use of Smilies: -10 points

Taking Internet Too Seriously: 5 Mr. Schnauzies

But I do wonder how much of that was still Toyota and how much of it was custom-made parts (likely made in the US)?

The head is clearly not original, nor the turbo, or reciprocating assembly. But what about the block? I'm not familiar enough with the finer points of this class of racing. Does it still have the original block, or is it a custom milled block built to be 2JZ-like?

I'm actually curious here. But if my suspicions are correct, I'll have to side with the "This is not an import" crowd.

Haha Holy shit. Can I not debate an opinion without being accused of being angry or taking things too seriously? How many smilies do I have to add for folks to get that? I've already been penalized by Johnny, I mean Voltron, for surpassing the excepted smiley quota. I will attempt to address this all.

-----------------------------

I'm a Toyota fan but this isn't really anything more than a purpose built race car power by Toyota.

Cliffs: its a race car with a toyota engine.

You're probably 100% right. However, what people are missing is that it qualifies for the category and is accepted as such. The debate here isn't whether we consider it an import or not but whether it qualifies in the professional automotive racing world as an import. It does in this case and its record stands. Is the same Lexus I saw an 80yr old driving yesterday. Of course not. :)

Pretty cool Camaro.

Lost interest when it wasn't a Rav4.

You two are hilarious. :p lol

Overuse of Smilies: -20 points

Improper Use of Smilies: -10 points

Taking Internet Too Seriously: 5 Mr. Schnauzies

Fine, I'll accept the misuse of smilies. But you get a -10pt deduction for thinking I was actually upset. :mad::o:eek::bangbang::doh::nono::wtf:

I'm keeping the Schnauzies. Which sound to me like Nazi Schnauzers.

But I do wonder how much of that was still Toyota and how much of it was custom-made parts (likely made in the US)?

The head is clearly not original, nor the turbo, or reciprocating assembly. But what about the block? I'm not familiar enough with the finer points of this class of racing. Does it still have the original block, or is it a custom milled block built to be 2JZ-like?

I'm actually curious here. But if my suspicions are correct, I'll have to side with the "This is not an import" crowd.

I'm curious just how deep it runs, as well.

I would like to reinforce a point, my only serious one here, that I mentioned earlier in this post. And that is it's considered an import where it matters; the category it competes in and regulations qualify it as an import.

It's not the same as Nascar, for example where the cars really are almost exactly alike, "import" or "domestic".

Anyway, we're all looking far too hard into this and getting away from the actual accomplishment. It competed in a category where it's accepted and that's its record time. I didn't make the rules. Call it what you will. ;)