Anyone on FB Ohio gun trade/FS pages?

Mojoe

I'm on Ohio guns and more for sale n trade, and Central Ohio guns and ammo pages. Just wondering if any of you are on there. There are many many posts daily. They aren't always the best deals, or posts from someone you want to deal with, but there are some good ones on there from time to time.

Just FYI.

Yep i'm on a few. Picked up an almost brand new Pheonix Arms 22 with box and 500 rds of 22lr for $140 back in October. Didn't even have to drive far.The dude was even completely okay with a bill of sale and showing me his drivers license. A lot of the posts on there you just have to ignore though.. Like the people selling those cheap buckets of bulk 22 for $75.

Saw a nice Taurus 9mm revolver on there this morning for $300.

Yes. The people I tried to buy off of always canceled or quit responding to me. I have had a really bad experience. CR on the other hand is the complete opposite. I rather buy/sell/trade on here.

I still have an empty mag in my car waiting on a stupid trade from someone.

I've bought about 5 things and sold about 10 in 2014 on various FB groups. Some more serious (less flakey) than others.

On your average "Ohio guns for sale" board you will find people trying to unload glocks, XD's, and old revolvers for too high of prices. they are also the types that lowball you on your stuff. It's actually a lot like a gun show. Haters/lowballers everywhere. Also, every other deal "doesn't happen" due to a flaker.

ON THE OTHER SIDE... I am a member of 2-3 groups where they are nationwide based on niche interests (Long range shooting, NFA stuff, ETC) and people are VERY easy to deal with. Never had a flaker (buyer or seller) and my stuff usually sells in a day because I offer good prices (as does everyone else).

IE - I sold a Remington 700 barrel in 3 hours for 120.00 shipped, was paid in 1 minute, and shipped the barrel out that afternoon.

IE - I sold a BOX full of stocks (LWRC compact, HK, and 2 Mission First Tactical) in 10 minutes for 280.00. Was paid in 2 minutes, and shipped the next morning.

IE - I bought a used 762 Noveske KX3 for cheap, paid instantly, and had it in 2 business days.

I could cite 3-4 other examples but you get the picture.

I may unjoin the Ohio trade/gun one. I get too frustrated by some on the posts there and have a hard time not saying anything.

A guy posted a 1911, .45 this morning saying he wanted to trade "what you got?" The pic looked shady with the gun in hand with beat up lockers in the background. I offered to trade an English book for the gun, and from there it was entertaining, with many people liking my comment. The posted ended up being deleted within an hour or so.

All it really comes down to this for me, firearms are a responsibility and should have a level of professionalism with them.

I may unjoin the Ohio trade/gun one. I get too frustrated by some on the posts there and have a hard time not saying anything.

A guy posted a 1911, .45 this morning saying he wanted to trade "what you got?" The pic looked shady with the gun in hand with beat up lockers in the background. I offered to trade an English book for the gun, and from there it was entertaining, with many people liking my comment. The posted ended up being deleted within an hour or so.

All it really comes down to this for me, firearms are a responsibility and should have a level of professionalism with them.

I am going to start doing this on CL for luls.

I joined several around my area and all I can say is POTATO. I may try to let them ride for a few more days but I'm fighting the urge to leave the groups already.