• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to summarize:

Biker says "all car drivers are assholes out to kill me"

Car driver says "fuck all bikers douche riding trying to get ahead of me"

Pretty much haha

Although im always SUPER careful when im around bikers in my car. I would feel like absolute shit if i was the cause of them wrecking and severely hurting themselves. I always give them space between me and them when at a light, keep a good distance when following (Because bikes can stop way faster) and when there following me i always tap my brakes or just barely push the pedal down as im coming up to a light to make sure they can see my brake lights (Black covers make them dark). I always try to have the utmost respect and extra careful when around them.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-motorcycle-lane-sharing-all-public-roads/qP86QbjN

Thoughts?

I don't mind splitting, I have done it but cagers scare me. Until punishment for cagers increases and general driver awareness is elevated about motorcyclists, I won't do it but I support it.

I'm in California a lot and it's common there. Here in Ohio, even if the law passes, I wouldn't do it. It will take 10-20yrs before the group of drivers are even remotely aware. Until then it will remain at your own risk.

Why are people against this?

Ever drive in Greece or Italy?

Widespread splitting is nerve wracking as hell and dangerous for everyone. Lanes are wider than cars because people kinda suck at maintaining course. Remember that scene in the third Indiana Jones movie when they go between the two converging ships? I once saw a motorcyclist in Athens experience something similar between two busses. Not good.

Edited by Ben

Until you've heard a car schreeching it's tires behind you while their ABS kicks in and out and see them go flying past you onto the shoulder and look over at you in disbelief they almost hit you since they were too busy texting their BFF to pay attention that traffic was stopped, you really can't hold water in this debate. It is scary as fuck being stopped quickly and you see a car 1/4-1/2 mile behind you still FLYING towards you not paying attention and then suddenly see the nose dip down.

Agreed. This is super fucking scary. I actually find it scarier in a car though... Harder to move out of the way.

Also, doubt anyone will fault you for splitting to avoid an accident.

I'm in California a lot and it's common there. Here in Ohio, even if the law passes, I wouldn't do it. It will take 10-20yrs before the group of drivers are even remotely aware. Until then it will remain at your own risk.

That's when I did it, here no thanks. Maybe in stopped traffic until the jackass doesn't want me to get ahead and opens his door or something.