Twin Turbo LS RX-7 736whp on a BONE STOCK LS1

coltboostin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice numbers!

Thanks. My car is your second cousin. ;)

Very nice. what rear end is in it?

Stock. The car came with 3 stock spare rear ends and axles. The are stock (have gone 8's in stock rear/suspension) but like all thinks, don't like drive line shock. I will likely exhaust these before I look to upgrade

Nice build with great results. I would like to see the car in action at an upcoming Cr track rental.

I'd love to, but how is tech for a track rental down there? Up here, its anything goes. Last time I was at Trails for a rental they were enforcing the need for a cage/shute for 9 second cars. I'd hate to go down for a rental just to be told to go home.

I'd love to, but how is tech for a track rental down there? Up here, its anything goes. Last time I was at Trails for a rental they were enforcing the need for a cage/shute for 9 second cars. I'd hate to go down for a rental just to be told to go home.

JP,

That is question more for the mods. You may get a run in or two, depending which track. If that is the case, please let us when know you run up there, I would travel up there to see you car laying it down.

Happy New Year!

Rick

JP,

That is question more for the mods. You may get a run in or two, depending which track. If that is the case, please let us when know you run up there, I would travel up there to see you car laying it down.

Happy New Year!

Rick

For sure-and to you as well!

Dates for 2015 established yet?

From my times running at trails, it's hit or miss. I've had them give me crap about a jacket and helmet for running low 12''s with spray and others I was dipping close to needing a cage and they didn't even ask about a helmet let alone anything else.

So much awesome.

Your budget builds never cease to amaze me :thumbup:

Thanks Brotha!

Seems like an extended amount of hp for a stock ls1 with 14.6 psi. I am having a difficult time with the numbers.

Its actually not far from where Ryan was with an single borg on his. When it traps 150mph, we will know its legit. ;)

Yea on e85 with 317 heads and a cam I call BS

E85 is not magic-the gas itself does not yield more power-just allows you to use it like race gas and offers lower combustion temps vs. pump gas.

317's would lower my compression and net me LESS power.

It's not my fault Chad is offering a very efficient billet wheel's turbo. Call him and complain about it! :lolguy:

Seems like an extended amount of hp for a stock ls1 with 14.6 psi. I am having a difficult time with the numbers.

Maybe he will invite you to the next dyno session? Or when the motor grenades you can perform an autopsy?

Perhaps either of those options would ease your troubles

E85 is not magic-the gas itself does not yield more power-just allows you to use it like race gas and offers lower combustion temps vs. pump gas.

317's would lower my compression and net me LESS power.

It's not my fault Chad is offering a very efficient billet wheel's turbo. Call him and complain about it! :lolguy:

Cleveland stock.

Well it certainly seems like chad's turbo wheels are very efficient, to the tune of 120% or so. Let's do the math, 1 bar of added to a normally aspirated engine in a perfect world would yield a double in power gain. 1 bar is 14.7 psi, so with the simple math, again in a perfect world, your "stock" ls1 is making 368 whp, which isn't happening.

Well it certainly seems like chad's turbo wheels are very efficient, to the tune of 120% or so. Let's do the math, 1 bar of added to a normally aspirated engine in a perfect world would yield a double in power gain. 1 bar is 14.7 psi, so with the simple math, again in a perfect world, your "stock" ls1 is making 368 whp, which isn't happening.

This is like trying to claim 14.7 psi in a gt35 will flow the same amount of air at 14.7psi in a gt55

It's aboit volume, not pressure. Take away one of the turbos and run a single at the same pressure and you would be making less power.