WWCRD: scam

Forrest Gump 9

Ok, here we go.

What would you do if someone you know is being scam? You can't tell his/her spouse because if you do, that will potentially result in divorce. Can I as a friend report the "potential scam" to the authority to help? The said person doesn't believe his/her being scam. Or should I just keep my mouth shut and enjoy the bowl games.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The said person doesn't believe his/her being scam.

Said person doesn't believe they are being scammed and they obviously don't believe or trust your judgement about the matter. The first is typical because they are too close to the matter. The latter says a bit more. Even more-so if they are a good friend to you.

Just let them know you'll be there to help pick them up when they fall but that they have a HUGE, "I told you so coming."

Emotion and financial

So does this involve cheating on the spouse? When I hear, can't tell the spouse because it may result in divorce, and it is an "emotional and financial" scam it makes me think maybe he/she is being shady/up to no good and deserves whatever is coming??

How about more details of said scam.

Alright, my former boss is the said person. Her husband is constantly travel so he's not home. She started Facebook and making friends all over the world. Anyway, she's been heavily involve with this person all the way in Malaysia for the last two months. Come to find out this scoundrel said he's a businessman over there dealing in millions of dollars. Money tied up in some deals need $5000 pay back in two weeks with interest. Next thing $10k, and so on. I think she on the hook for $30-40k. But still doesn't think its a scam. It always wire money to multiple accounts each for $2k.

Her sister still work with me so that's up I know.

Holy bajebus.... I didn't know that crap actually worked. Honestly, everyone needs to know. Either you forget you ever heard a single part of that or you scream up and down for at least the sister to do something about it. That husband is going to lose his mind...

Alright, my former boss is the said person. Her husband is constantly travel so he's not home. She started Facebook and making friends all over the world. Anyway, she's been heavily involve with this person all the way in Malaysia for the last two months. Come to find out this scoundrel said he's a businessman over there dealing in millions of dollars. Money tied up in some deals need $5000 pay back in two weeks with interest. Next thing $10k, and so on. I think she on the hook for $30-40k. But still doesn't think its a scam. It always wire money to multiple accounts each for $2k.

How in the hell does the husband not know that much money is missing from their bank account? Geesh.

I'm with Sully. I need to find me one of these women. Hell I don't even have to cheat on my wife to make this work. Makes not getting strange from a Mistress appealing.

Sorry for your friend and their family, but honestly if the dude didn't realize that much money is going out then that's lesson #2 that's going to come from all this. WOW!

IMO: TELL HIM! For everyone's sake....tell him to just "look into the finances a bit" WOW! This is the kind of stuff I'd travel to Malaysia for with the intent to kill. 95% serious.

She is voluntarily giving this person money and has some attachment to them. Scammed or not she is making a personal loan to them. This isn't a criminal case unless they are making her invest into something or promising something. Sounds like the person is asking for a Personal loan and will repay with Interest. Your boss is just an idiot.

Can I contact the attorney General office? May be the FBI, since it's wire transfer fraud???

Personally, let the husband do it. They aren't going to do anything if you call except ask does the husband know and then to tell you to get him involved.